The Student Room Group

Pharmacy vs optometry vs physiotherapy?

Hi I am an A2 student studying Chemistry, Biology and Maths and I am very confused on which courses to take in university. I want a job that is enjoyable and pretty social. For example with physiotherapy I can go on to become a sport physiotherapist. So can you give me any info about the courses considering things like working hours , salary , prospect for employment upon graduation. Which course would you recommend for me? Thanks and don't hesitate to ask questions if I am not clear.
Hi, I know this question was asked a while ago but I was just wondering which course you ended up going for. I am undecided between pharmacy and physiotherapy- although I have already applied and secured a place to study pharmacy but not 100% sure if its the right course for me?
Original post by lucy11111
Hi, I know this question was asked a while ago but I was just wondering which course you ended up going for. I am undecided between pharmacy and physiotherapy- although I have already applied and secured a place to study pharmacy but not 100% sure if its the right course for me?

Obviously the professions are very different. What is it about pharmacy that interests you? I work with pharmacists at the moment and I know that the money is very good. A lot more patient interaction with physiotherapy.
Original post by lucy11111

From what I hear from people who have recently graduated with a pharmacy degree, the job market is very shaky at the moment, and is only predicted to get worse. Seems like finding a job is almost impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending