The Student Room Group
University of York
York

The 'York is My Firm' thread

so - if you're unconditional or conditional for '07, or a deferred entry applicant from last year, or even a deferred entry applicant for '08 ('cause that's what I am, and I think this thread should be inclusive of us peoples since we're still excited!) and if York is your firm, post here.

I'm deferred entry for '08 to study Computer Science. They want AAB from me including an A in maths (which I don't think I'll meet). My insurance is Edinburgh (BBB).

Who else has chosen York as their firm?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
99% sure it's going to be York for me. Waiting for Warwick, but I don't think I want to go there even if I get an offer, despite my family saying things like "oh, you should definitely go to Warwick if you can, fantastic reputation".

Course: V500 Philosophy (2007)
Offer: ABB
Reasoning: My top pick after Durham, who (foolishly :P) rejected me. But I don't think I'd be any happier or better off there, really.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Indeed they are my firm, Biochemistry '07 entry :smile: If anyone wants to chat and get to know each other before next year pm me :biggrin:
Reply 3
york's my firm for maths :smile:

Same for me about if anyone wants to chat a bit before we go =]
Reply 4
York is my firm for History and Politics. They want AAB which I probably won't get since they don't include General Studies. I'm more likely to wind up at my insurance, which is Sheffield. I do like York, though :smile:
Reply 5
Hello! like Mr. Fox, im also waiting for Warwick, though Im probably not going to make them a firm in the small chance that they don't reject me. Im waiting another week for Wariwick, and if not then i'm cancelling my choice, and making york my firm.

Can't wait! I've mentioned this in some threads before, but there is also a facebook group for any of you who have facebook for York Undergrads 07'
Reply 6
Hello again, it is now called 'York UK Freshers '07'. thank you :smile:
Reply 7
I've picked it as my firm too. Accounting, Business Finance and management -AAB. starting in october, I can't wait!
york all the way for me, psychology AAB....hope i get it
Most likely going to be my firm for Economics AAB. Cant wait to go!
Reply 10
Either York or Durham for chemistry, dunno which yet though
Reply 11
York will almost certainly be my firm for Economics and Economic History, just waiting on Warwick (was supposed to get a decision today grrr...)

Edit: Forgot to say conditions are AAB and my insurance is Manchester ABB
Reply 12
York's my firm for History (V100) with an AAB offer with an A in History. Birmingham is my insurance (AAB), as I realised that they were the only two universities that I applied to that I actually really liked and could see myself at. Damn low expectations.
FIRM as young breasts.

English 2007
Conditional- 34pts at IB
Reply 14
As hestolemycrayon can tell you: the facebook group is SO awesome- Join it, please :smile:
Reply 15
Yep, firm as my nether regions in a strip club. Three B's for Historical Archaeology '07.
Reply 16
AAB for me to study Maths and Finance, still waiting for Durham though but i'm pretty sure York will be firm :smile:
English
Reply 18
Now that I've got my Warwick rejection i can safely say that provided I get AAB I will be at York next year studying Economics and Economic History :smile:.
Reply 19
I reckon a week or so after we've settled in, everyone from tsr should come round mine for a party! (wherever I end up) :P

Latest