The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Is it possible to get University accommodation so late?

So I'm starting an undergraduate course in York. I applied for the University accommodation when it was still guaranteed in July,but declined my offer since I thought the price for the room was very high(I'm a foreigner). I now have rented a single bedroom in a private flat for a reasonable price, but the flat itself is quite lacking aesthetically. My question is - is there a chance for me to somehow get a room at the campus? I thought that maybe there has to be some one person that either declined the room or dropped out of York university altogether(?) so maybe I could just find out if there is any alternative to the room that I have now? Any help or advice on how to do this?
Original post by ageddull
So I'm starting an undergraduate course in York. I applied for the University accommodation when it was still guaranteed in July,but declined my offer since I thought the price for the room was very high(I'm a foreigner). I now have rented a single bedroom in a private flat for a reasonable price, but the flat itself is quite lacking aesthetically. My question is - is there a chance for me to somehow get a room at the campus? I thought that maybe there has to be some one person that either declined the room or dropped out of York university altogether(?) so maybe I could just find out if there is any alternative to the room that I have now? Any help or advice on how to do this?

Hi there,

The best thing to do is contact the Accommodation team directly on [email protected] or 01904 322165 and they can let you know if any rooms have become available.

Thanks,
Alice
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending