The Student Room Group

Support with choosing medical schools

I don't have the best stats, but I have decided to apply to Bart's, Exeter, Newcastle and BSMS to study medicine....
Just wanted advice on whether these unis are appropriate to apply to, with regards to my stats:
GCSEs- 2A*, 7B, 2C
AS- AABB
A2 (predicted)- A*A*AA, and an A* in EPQ
UKCAT- 2570 (average- 642.5), with Band 2 in SJT
Also, I do have quite a lot of work experience and volunteering, if that helps in any way...
Thank you for your help in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by jonbaker
I don't have the best stats, but I have decided to apply to Bart's, Exeter, Newcastle and BSMS to study medicine....
Just wanted advice on whether these unis are appropriate to apply to, with regards to my stats:
GCSEs- 2A*, 7B, 2C
AS- AABB
Also, I do have quite a lot of work experience and volunteering, if that helps in any way...

Exeter should be fine with your A* predictions/EPQ

Newcastle is risky as their Ukcat cut off could rise

Barts should be fine given you're doing 4 Alevels and have the EPQ

BSMS will depend on your BMAT

I'd change Newcastle to somewhere like Keele or maybe Lancaster (check their GCSE requirements though)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jonbaker
GCSEs- 2A*, 7B, 2C
AS- AABB

Can't speak for the rest of these Unis but Exeter should give you an interview, last year they seemed to look for at least 2A* predictions with reasonable UKCAT (average 640 should be fine). So as long as they follow the same pattern as last year, which they may not, you should get an interview there at least. Sorry I couldn't help any more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending