The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics 2016 entry

Hi guys,
I want to know your thoughts on my chances at getting a place in my preferred universities. I'm planning to apply to the following unis (numbers indicate preference):

1. Oxford (E&M)
2. LSE (Economics)
3. UCL (Economics)
4. Warwick (Economics)
5. Bath (Economics)

Results:
GCSE Equivalent: 9A*
AS: AAAAA (Double Maths Physics Chemistry Economics)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*/A*A*A*A (dropped Physics)
TSA practice-test scores: Average of 64.6

Looking forward to your replies! :smile:
Reply 1
Oxford widely depends on your TSA score and interview performance, so hard to tell. LSE should be a fairly good chance providing your maths ums is excellent and ps is top notch. Other unis like everyone gets with more average grades, so you should be ok
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
My Maths UMS is 282/300 while Further Maths is 286/300. Does LSE require you to reveal your AS UMS scores though?
Original post by Razachary
My Maths UMS is 282/300 while Further Maths is 286/300. Does LSE require you to reveal your AS UMS scores though?

I believe LSE have started asking for Maths UMS scores for Economics applicants :smile:

Sounds like you have a very good chance to me. Just smash your personal statement, it looks like its pretty much in your hands at the moment.
Original post by C0pper
I believe LSE have started asking for Maths UMS scores for Economics applicants :smile:

Just Maths? Or the other subjects as well?
Original post by Nijuuninichi
Just Maths? Or the other subjects as well?

I was told just Maths, not 100% sure on this though so I could be wrong.
Original post by C0pper
I was told just Maths, not 100% sure on this though so I could be wrong.

Ahh that's fine! Thanks anyway. I've heard so many different things when it comes to requesting UMS at LSE. I've seen people say they ask for all module UMS, or just overall, or all Maths module UMS and overall UMS in your other subjects!

I guess we'll have to see when they actually ask us for ours. :biggrin:
Ahh that's fine! Thanks anyway. I've heard so many different things when it comes to requesting UMS at LSE. I've seen people say they ask for all module UMS, or just overall, or all Maths module UMS and overall UMS in your other subjects!

I guess we'll have to see when they actually ask us for ours. :biggrin:

I'm still trying to figure out what LSE will class as 'good' - are they looking for 90+ in every subject/module or is it more like 95, or 85?
Original post by C0pper
I'm still trying to figure out what LSE will class as 'good' - are they looking for 90+ in every subject/module or is it more like 95, or 85?

I'm not too sure myself, but maybe it depends on how relevant the subject is to what you're applying for. I can't imagine LSE would be particularly concerned if I didn't get 95+ in French for example.

Maths, I think 95+ is good, and 90+ in your other subjects will probs be fine. Obviously the closest to 100% the better haha. The competition is fierce!
I'm not too sure myself, but maybe it depends on how relevant the subject is to what you're applying for. I can't imagine LSE would be particularly concerned if I didn't get 95+ in French for example.

Maths, I think 95+ is good, and 90+ in your other subjects will probs be fine. Obviously the closest to 100% the better haha. The competition is fierce!

I'm more worried about LSE than Cambridge tbh. That sounds arrogant and I'm not saying I think I'll get a place at Cambridge, just that in some respects LSE seems harder, especially since there aren't any interviews and almost everyone applying will have more or less identical grades :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Hi guys,
I want to know your thoughts on my chances at getting a place in my preferred universities. I'm planning to apply to the following unis (numbers indicate preference):

1. Oxford (E&M)
2. LSE (Economics)
3. UCL (Economics)
4. Warwick (Economics)
5. Bath (Economics)

Results:
GCSE Equivalent: 9A*
AS: AAAAA (Double Maths Physics Chemistry Economics)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*/A*A*A*A (dropped Physics)
TSA practice-test scores: Average of 64.6

Looking forward to your replies! :smile:

Grades look great but I would try and improve your TSA score to really high 60s (70 would be ideal). That would really improve your chances for oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending