The Student Room Group

Engineering at Oxford

As I don't think I'd be able to get into Cambridge for engineering, I'm thinking of applying to Oxford, as well as unis like Imperial and Durham. How good is Oxford for engineering, and how difficult is it to get into Oxford for engineering compared to Cambridge?
Original post by gabbersm
As I don't think I'd be able to get into Cambridge for engineering, I'm thinking of applying to Oxford, as well as unis like Imperial and Durham. How good is Oxford for engineering, and how difficult is it to get into Oxford for engineering compared to Cambridge?

How difficult it is to get in will depend on your grades, your PAT performance and your interview. There are quite a lot of different aspects to the application so nobody can really give you a single answer to that but in terms of applications per place, it's similar to Cambridge (very slightly fewer last year).
5-6 A*s, 4A at AS, and A*AA at least I'd imagine. Up there with the most competitive courses, albeit not quite Medicine / Law(to some extent) level.
Reply 3
Hi there, I would like to ask which is the best Oxford college for Engineering?
Reply 4
I am going to apply to Oxford Engineering as well and was wondering which are the best colleges for engineering?
Original post by kajiklos
I am going to apply to Oxford Engineering as well and was wondering which are the best colleges for engineering?

Colleges aren't 'best' for anything, as long as your college actually offers Engineering then you'll get the same quality of education wherever you go.
Reply 6
Original post by gabbersm

Why?
Reply 7
Original post by jneill
Why?

UMS probably not high enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending