The Student Room Group

Would it be a bad to idea to drop Maths at A2?

I'm in year 12 taking Maths, Bio, Chem and Spanish.

I've always said that I'd drop Spanish at A2 but I really enjoy Spanish a lot more than Maths.

I know Maths isn't a requirement for Medicine but would it be a bad idea to drop Maths and follow through with Spanish?

What do you think?
Like you said, Maths isnt a requirement for the course you want to apply for so you dont necessarily have to take it on further to A2. If you enjoy spanish more, then you would probably be better to carry it on as you are more likely to do well if you enjoy it, and noone wants to be wasting their time doing subjects they dont enjoy. Consider which subject you are likely to get a better grade in as another factor, as you want to be balancing what you enjoy with what you are good at.
Reply 2
Original post by kellylou26
Like you said, Maths isnt a requirement for the course you want to apply for so you dont necessarily have to take it on further to A2. If you enjoy spanish more, then you would probably be better to carry it on as you are more likely to do well if you enjoy it, and noone wants to be wasting their time doing subjects they dont enjoy. Consider which subject you are likely to get a better grade in as another factor, as you want to be balancing what you enjoy with what you are good at.

I think it's too early for me to say which one I'm better at but I guess we'll see at the end of the year.

Also, a lot of universities say that if you take a language a level that is your native languages, it wouldn't count.

How would the University even know this? Spanish isn't my first/second language and I do find it unfair that native speakers can take the a level and so wanted to know more on how it worked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending