The Student Room Group

Where to apply for medicine?? (Entry 2017)

Hi y'all, basically just wondering what everyone's 4 medicine choices are at the moment? Is anyone being strategic and taking all BMAT or all UKCAT unis so they don't need to do one of the aptitude tests? I'm thinking:
1) Cambridge
2) Imperial
3) UCL?
4) Birmingham?

I'm not sure about those last two. I'd really love to go to Cambridge though, but I don't know if I'm good enough :s
Original post by I can do this
Hi y'all, basically just wondering what everyone's 4 medicine choices are at the moment? Is anyone being strategic and taking all BMAT or all UKCAT unis so they don't need to do one of the aptitude tests? I'm thinking:
1) Cambridge
2) Imperial
3) UCL?
4) Birmingham?

I'm not sure about those last two. I'd really love to go to Cambridge though, but I don't know if I'm good enough :s

Cambridge medicine is just a name imo. Cambridge is an overrated uni also imo. They just act cool because they have a good name reality is different. Probs atm manchester uni is best for medicine.
Original post by Xenon17
Cambridge medicine is just a name imo. Cambridge is an overrated uni also imo. They just act cool because they have a good name reality is different. Probs atm manchester uni is best for medicine.

I agree with the name being a big factor, but I'm sure its an incredibly good uni too. I know league tables are unreliable, but they can't be lying either! But hey, each to their own
Original post by I can do this
1) Cambridge
2) Imperial
3) UCL?
4) Birmingham?

Picking all BMAT universities is a terrible strategy, just fyi.

Outof interest why do you want to go to Cambridge? Is it because you like their course style? The fact that you have 3 years of pre-clinical?
Original post by ForestCat
Picking all BMAT universities is a terrible strategy, just fyi.

Outof interest why do you want to go to Cambridge? Is it because you like their course style? The fact that you have 3 years of pre-clinical?

Yes I do! My dad teaches 5th year medical students in their surgical rotation at Hull York and he speaks out against PBL regularly, because they often lose confidence from making mistakes while dealing with patients prematurely. I've always been someone who deals with things better after having a strong foundation with the theory, so I think it'll suit me better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You don't need to consider this yet. Focus on getting work experience and volunteering. Don't think of ukcat until next June and BMAT after that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending