The Student Room Group

Do I go back to my GP for prescriptions?

Hi, I have recently been put on the pill by my GP and she gave me a 3 month prescription of it. When I picked it up from boots they put me into their system.

I was wondering do I go back to my GP to have a check-up every 3 months whilst on the pill or do I just go back to boots and ask for a repeat prescription? I would like to see my GP every so often on the pill just to make sure my blood pressure is okay and just general checkups, but I dont know if this is normal procedure and if I would be doing something unnecessary and wasting the gp's time?

thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have recently been put on the pill by my GP and she gave me a 3 month prescription of it. When I picked it up from boots they put me into their system.

I was wondering do I go back to my GP to have a check-up every 3 months whilst on the pill or do I just go back to boots and ask for a repeat prescription? I would like to see my GP every so often on the pill just to make sure my blood pressure is okay and just general checkups, but I dont know if this is normal procedure and if I would be doing something unnecessary and wasting the gp's time?

thanks

From my experience with meds (not the pill specifically tho) they do like you to go back for a checkup after the first prescription, to see how you're doing. If everything all seems alright then they can put you on repeat.

They don't like to put people on repeat prescriptions straight away from my experience. And no, you won't be wasting their time :tongue: GPS are there for advice as well as handing out meds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
From my experience with meds (not the pill specifically tho) they do like you to go back for a checkup after the first prescription, to see how you're doing. If everything all seems alright then they can put you on repeat.

They don't like to put people on repeat prescriptions straight away from my experience. And no, you won't be wasting their time :tongue: GPS are there for advice as well as handing out meds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is my experience too. Many times, they've given me the green part, told me to come back and then given me the white repeat part.
Reply 3
Original post by Meaty_man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thats what I thought, Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest