The Student Room Group

Are white people afraid of becoming an ethnic minority in Britain?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thesabbath
I'm not interested in being the largest "minority" group in my homeland. Why do you welcome this future and think citing this is sufficient to appease those who do not welcome it?

Why do you care?
Original post by demx9
>Muslim
>says not to worry

That's why we need to worry

Lol I'm not even a Muslim, I'm an atheist. :lol: Stop assuming all South Asians are Muslims.
In some places we already are. Take areas of Birmingham for example.
Original post by Drewski
Even if it does happen, it won't be in my lifetime, so no, not remotely fussed.

I would think again since Germany has invited 4.5 billion in the poverty stricken world to Europe. It is only a matter of time before the EU forces us to house a load.
Reply 64
Original post by United1892
Why do you care? Skin colour doesn't matter.

Maybe not, but race & culture does
Reply 65
Original post by liquidconfidence
I think the question should be, not 'Are white people afraid of becoming an ethnic minority in Britain' (as it's not even likely) but that if it did happen, would they have a problem with it? :holmes:

Do you want the UK to become a third world country ?
Original post by demx9
>Muslim
>says not to worry

That's why we need to worry

> makes assumptions
> is exposed as an idiot
Original post by DiddyDec
Some most certainly are but their fears are completely unfounded judging by demographics.

You been to Tower Hamlets recently? Thought not.
Original post by Jimbo1234
You been to Tower Hamlets recently? Thought not.

Some parts will have majorities that are not white but the massive majority of the UK are white British.
Original post by DiddyDec
Some parts will have majorities that are not white but the massive majority of the UK are white British.

But not in some areas. Go to Bradford, parts of Lancashire, London (which is about 1/6 of the UKs population) and being white British is a minority.
The numbers of white people are falling because white people keep having mixed race babies imo. I see more white mothers/fathers with mixed race children now than with white children.
Original post by Gears265
In some places we already are. Take areas of Birmingham for example.

ini...

so many banned people on 1 page though...

bait thread.
Reply 72
White nationalists are constantly ******** and wetting themselves about this. But they should blame themselves for their low birth rates and recessive genes. Feminism is also their fault.
Genuinely I think a lot of this 'fear' has been instilled by racists on the internet and organisations like the BNP. People are simply misinformed by a biased group and show themselves regardless of their age to be impressionable and easily led without actually bothering to do any research of their own. Naturally we feel intimidated by people whom are even slightly different from us, and this leads people to therefore make racist, harmful and untrue assumptions about huge groups of people who are a different race to them. Like it or not, Britain has become extremely diverse culturally and this diversity will only continue to increase for years to come. Diversity, I believe, is 100% a good thing in our country to transform people into more understanding, open-minded individuals and these traits - to me at least - are very important. People seem awfully preoccupied with trying to maintain Britain's 'purity', but what really is purity? Surely, this 'purity' was lost as soon as people began to immigrate to the UK, and although immigration levels have increased drastically, so has media coverage of immigration and in particular immigration being reported in a negative light, inflaming the argument of 'purity' and giving it more exposure.

The bottom line to me, a white person, is why does it actually matter whether we become an ethnic minority? I can only assume people are worried that we will face the racial abuse we ourselves have been inflicting on other races for hundreds of years. Yes, you might argue that not every white person is racist - but every person of another race is not the stereotype a fraction of us have created for them either, yet many different people are called these things daily, regardless of whether they actually fit the stereotype or not.
Original post by Barack Obama
just wondering

enlgand is like 85% white, and we have **** weather. So thats never gonna happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending