The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL - Commuting from Northampton

I have a place on the BSc Adult Nursing course, starting September 2016 and I'm unsure as to whether I should live at the student accommodation available to me or I should commute from where I live?

I'm mainly thinking about this from finance perspective, because Central London is fairly expensive and staying back home (Northampton) means I can still keep my job and work when I need to, but there are obviously lots more factors to take into account.

Is anybody else having/had thoughts like this? What did you decide on, or what do you recommend?
It's best to just stay in London tbh.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Will there be placements during your course at odd hours or will it always be 9-5?
Original post by JadeWilson795
I have a place on the BSc Adult Nursing course, starting September 2016 and I'm unsure as to whether I should live at the student accommodation available to me or I should commute from where I live?

I'm mainly thinking about this from finance perspective, because Central London is fairly expensive and staying back home (Northampton) means I can still keep my job and work when I need to, but there are obviously lots more factors to take into account.

Is anybody else having/had thoughts like this? What did you decide on, or what do you recommend?

That is too far and too long a journey to do on a regular basis. The fares would be crazy too - live in London and get a part-time job there if you need to.

Quick Reply

Latest