The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by theonetruequeen
Ohmygod congrats!! I applied on the 11th, hope I hear something soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess you will, though i wouldnt stress I know someone else applying who did it before me and hasnt heard back yet so they might just be doing it in a wierd order.

What a-levels do you do?
Reply 41
Original post by ab66
I guess you will, though i wouldnt stress I know someone else applying who did it before me and hasnt heard back yet so they might just be doing it in a wierd order.

What a-levels do you do?

Hello again, If I may ask, what were your grades and predictions??
Reply 42
Original post by Notions
Hello again, If I may ask, what were your grades and predictions??

Hi,

Got 4As at as and predicted all A* (though that's not going to happen) in maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ab66
Hi,

Got 4As at as and predicted all A* (though that's not going to happen) in maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello there! When is your recruitment day? Mine is 11th.
Original post by ab66

What a-levels do you do?

Yeah, I know I shouldn't stress, it's just that I have no communication with any unis yet other than acknowledgement :tongue: it might have something to do with being an international applicant though.

I did maths, physics, chemistry and english language! I wish I'd gotten to do FM, but it wasn't available in my school :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
got my first offer from sheffield! AAA inc. maths
Original post by anise_mc
got my first offer from sheffield! AAA inc. maths

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47

thank you :smile: it's a relief to finally get one!
Anyone going for Bath's CivEng applicant day tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by jkhan9625
Anyone going for Bath's CivEng applicant day tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh god -.- haven't been invited to that xD when did you apply??
Original post by Notions
oh god -.- haven't been invited to that xD when did you apply??

15th of October

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
15th of October

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel offended by Bath xD I've already got A*AA and my ps is good, what more do they want o.o
Reply 52
Original post by SamLLLLiu
Hello there! When is your recruitment day? Mine is 11th.

18th :/ hope yours goes well!
Reply 53
Yeah, I know I shouldn't stress, it's just that I have no communication with any unis yet other than acknowledgement :tongue: it might have something to do with being an international applicant though.

I did maths, physics, chemistry and english language! I wish I'd gotten to do FM, but it wasn't available in my school :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah that could explain it. Urgh english as you might be able to tell i was very glad to drop that at gcse :smile:

If my college hadnt have offered it i would have self taught, no way was i gonna do another subject when i could just do more maths :wink:
Original post by ab66
Ah yeah that could explain it. Urgh english as you might be able to tell i was very glad to drop that at gcse :smile:

If my college hadnt have offered it i would have self taught, no way was i gonna do another subject when i could just do more maths :wink:

Hehe no I actually liked English lang, believe it or not! Methinks if I wasn't into the maths/engineering side of things, I'd have become a journalist :P

I do CIE A-levels anyway, and FM we only have at A2 - no AS. My school pretty much straight up told me that I wouldn't be able to handle the work load and after I got the one B in AS (chemistry! :frown:) I knew they were right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ab66
18th :/ hope yours goes well!

Thank you m8! It's weird how I don't know anyone that's on the same day as me😑
Going for a Bath's CivEng applicant day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by SamLLLLiu
Thank you m8! It's weird how I don't know anyone that's on the same day as me😑

I reckon that they'll do more later on, 11th/18th does seem pretty early. As for knowing anyone, I only know one other person at college going for civil and he isn't aiming quite as high :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Going for a Bath's CivEng applicant day...

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was it?
Reply 59
Hello,

Planning on applying soon.. Personal statement is killing me :P

My choices are Imperial, UCL, Surrey, Bath and Southampton/Bristol/Exeter

Put Exeter up there because all other entry requirement are A or A* and I thought I would put Exeter up as a safe choice as their entry requirements are AAA-ABB??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending