The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zaybun
Hello,

Planning on applying soon.. Personal statement is killing me :P

My choices are Imperial, UCL, Surrey, Bath and Southampton/Bristol/Exeter

Put Exeter up there because all other entry requirement are A or A* and I thought I would put Exeter up as a safe choice as their entry requirements are AAA-ABB??

I did the same, put Exeter as a safe choice. The uni isn't a bad place to be either.

Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Notions
How was it?

It was good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ab66
I reckon that they'll do more later on, 11th/18th does seem pretty early. As for knowing anyone, I only know one other person at college going for civil and he isn't aiming quite as high :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well well...... Do you happen to know roughly how long after interviews do they get back to you? It will be hilarious to have the result on the same day as Oxford interview :tongue:
Reply 63
after hearing nothing for over a week, i've received 3 offers in 3 days, how crazy is that!
Very crazy, from which uni's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by jkhan9625
Very crazy, from which uni's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sheffield, manchester and newcastle :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by SamLLLLiu
Well well...... Do you happen to know roughly how long after interviews do they get back to you? It will be hilarious to have the result on the same day as Oxford interview :tongue:

No idea, hoping its not too long.... Otherwise the anticipation will kill me :wink: Tho they've said that they will send us a letter as well so it could be quite a while.
Any Southampton applicants here - have y'all applied for Civil Engineering or for Civil & Environmental Engineering?

Also, any idea how the application process there works - do they use a semi-gathered field like UCL or do they give out offers after assessing them individually?
I've applied for CivEng or CivEng with Architecture at bath, Southampton, Leeds, Nottingham and Newcastle. I have an applicant day/interview at Leeds and an offer from Southampton. Does anyone know how long the others take to reply. I sent my application in around the 9th October I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theonetruequeen
Any Southampton applicants here - have y'all applied for Civil Engineering or for Civil & Environmental Engineering?

Also, any idea how the application process there works - do they use a semi-gathered field like UCL or do they give out offers after assessing them individually?

Yeah I've applied for CivEng with a year in industry.
Reply 70
Original post by EllieRose123
I've applied for CivEng or CivEng with Architecture at bath, Southampton, Leeds, Nottingham and Newcastle. I have an applicant day/interview at Leeds and an offer from Southampton. Does anyone know how long the others take to reply. I sent my application in around the 9th October I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for the BEng for straight civil at newcastle and they gave me an offer yesterday (sent my application off on the 16th Oct but it got processed on the 20th Oct)
Original post by Vikingninja
Yeah I've applied for CivEng with a year in industry.

I see. Have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see. Have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my app today because it got bounced back.
I sent my app today because it got bounced back.

I HAVE AN OFFER OHMYGOD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
I HAVE AN OFFER OHMYGOD

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done!
Original post by anise_mc
well done!

Thank you :biggrin: It's just from my 5th choice but I feel ecstatic nonetheless!
I HAVE AN OFFER OHMYGOD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :3
Reply 77
Thank you :biggrin: It's just from my 5th choice but I feel ecstatic nonetheless!

Where is that!?!?!?! congrats
Congrats :3

Original post by Notions
Where is that!?!?!?! congrats

Thanks! It's from Southampton for Civil & Environmental Engineering :smile:
Reply 79
Thanks! It's from Southampton for Civil & Environmental Engineering :smile:

I think we applied on the same day and they haven't freakin given me an offer -.- I feel jealous ahah but happy for you. :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending