The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering 2016

Scroll to see replies

Offer from Nottingham for CivEng!!! So happy, just waiting on bath and Newcastle now, both for CivEng and Architecture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by EllieRose123
Offer from Nottingham for CivEng!!! So happy, just waiting on bath and Newcastle now, both for CivEng and Architecture

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! They must have done a bunch at the same time. Unconditional if I firm it :biggrin: (not that I'm going to but still its nice to have one :wink: )
Original post by Notions
I think we applied on the same day and they haven't freakin given me an offer -.- I feel jealous ahah but happy for you. :smile: :smile:

You'll get one soon, don't worry. My classmate applying for CivEng submitted his UCAS three days after me and got his offer yesterday from Southampton, which was driving me crazy all of today until my Track updated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by theonetruequeen
You'll get one soon, don't worry. My classmate applying for CivEng submitted his UCAS three days after me and got his offer yesterday from Southampton, which was driving me crazy all of today until my Track updated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for the info , that makes me feel a bit better :P

It's imperial who I really want to here from :smile: I think the civeng course looks amazing :drool:
I've applied to bath, southampton, exeter and loughborough. got an offer from loughborough and an invite to the interview day at Exeter but I'm really just waiting for an offer from bath :/
Has anyone heard anything from bath? Maybe they wait until they have all the applications to make their decisions. It seems like everyone has applied to bath and Southampton on here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Any Southampton applicants here - have y'all applied for Civil Engineering or for Civil & Environmental Engineering?

Also, any idea how the application process there works - do they use a semi-gathered field like UCL or do they give out offers after assessing them individually?

Checking in! And just straight Civil Engineering (though I haven't actually applied yet!)
Reply 87
Also are any of you guys IB students or am I the odd one out here?
Any Southampton applicants here - have y'all applied for Civil Engineering or for Civil & Environmental Engineering?

Also, any idea how the application process there works - do they use a semi-gathered field like UCL or do they give out offers after assessing them individually?

I applied for Civil Engineering and Architecture, I got my offer a week ago after applying on the 9th October, so I think they give them out as they get them. The offer was the standard A*AA but said you can drop a grade or two and it won't be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Southampton "We are very impressed with your application and would like to invite you to attend a UCAS day"

Hm
Original post by Notions
Southampton "We are very impressed with your application and would like to invite you to attend a UCAS day"

Hm

You are most likely to get an offer. They do it so that they can show you their facilities and convince you to go there.
Reply 91
Original post by alexkol
You are most likely to get an offer. They do it so that they can show you their facilities and convince you to go there.

Day out in Southampton :danceboy:
Got an offer from UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Is anyone going to the recruitment day at Imperial on the 18th November?
Original post by jkhan9625
Got an offer from UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg congrats!! BEng or MEng?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by Avon02
Is anyone going to the recruitment day at Imperial on the 18th November?

Yes, I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Notions
Day out in Southampton :danceboy:

haha true!
Omg congrats!! BEng or MEng?

Posted from TSR Mobile

MEng

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh. If I may ask when did you apply/what were your achieved grades and predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh. If I may ask when did you apply/what were your achieved grades and predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied on the 15th. Predicted 3A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending