The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering 2016

Not sure if a thread like this exists, but is anyone else applying for Civil Engineering this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anise_mc
Not sure if a thread like this exists, but is anyone else applying for Civil Engineering this year?

Hi!

Good idea for a thread! Im applying this year for 2016 too

The uni's im looking atm is Nottingham, Surrey, Swansea, Loughborough and Notts Trent. But these are subject to change based on open days etc.

What about you?
Reply 2
Original post by LucentDoughnut98
Hi!

Good idea for a thread! Im applying this year for 2016 too

The uni's im looking atm is Nottingham, Surrey, Swansea, Loughborough and Notts Trent. But these are subject to change based on open days etc.

What about you?

I think i'm going with Cardiff, Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle and Birmingham at the moment! oooh what open days are you going to?
Reply 3
So am I.
I think I'm going to go for UCL, Bath, Southampton, Surrey and City University London. Unfortunately I have used my open days up :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by anise_mc
I think i'm going with Cardiff, Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle and Birmingham at the moment! oooh what open days are you going to?

Ooh nice! Ive still got Surrey and Swansea open days to come so that should be fun! Im wondering about Sheffield, have you got any opinions about the course, the department or anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by petyou
So am I.
I think I'm going to go for UCL, Bath, Southampton, Surrey and City University London. Unfortunately I have used my open days up :frown:

What did you think of Surrey?
Reply 6
Original post by LucentDoughnut98
Ooh nice! Ive still got Surrey and Swansea open days to come so that should be fun! Im wondering about Sheffield, have you got any opinions about the course, the department or anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought Sheffield was a really nice city and uni in general, and the course seemed good! They had civil engineering and also civil and structural so I think it seems like a good place to go if you're into structures and design etc. The department seemed pretty good and the labs and facilities as well
Reply 7
Original post by petyou
So am I.

Ooooh what was Southampton like?
Reply 8
I thought both were really good. The accommodation for both was nice, and fits whatever budget you are going for.
The facilities at Southampton seem better, however Surrey seemed to have a better feel (an ambiguous statement, I know but hopefully you can see where I am coming from).
But overall, there isn't much to choose between the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by petyou
I thought both were really good. The accommodation for both was nice, and fits whatever budget you are going for.
The facilities at Southampton seem better, however Surrey seemed to have a better feel (an ambiguous statement, I know but hopefully you can see where I am coming from).
But overall, there isn't much to choose between the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to surrey today and Im gonna apply there, I thought the facilities were mediocre but the actual course was extremely good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
has anyone applied yet? my application got processed yesterday morning
Definitely applying to Surrey, Loughborough and Heriot-Watt. Either Bath or Southampton as my highest grade choice and for my lowest grade Swansea though I want to apply to bachelors here and then move to masters later in the course. Rest I'm applying to masters.

Edit: with Swansea, bath and Southampton could anyone who went to their open days tell me what they were like, thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys,

Just to say - we have our second open day on Sat 31st October, so still time to come and see what Heriot-Watt has to offer you for Civil Engineering.
Here's a link to book for the Open Day: http://www.hw.ac.uk/student-life/visit-us/edinburgh-campus-open-day.htm

And you can see an outline of the course here: http://www.undergraduate.hw.ac.uk/programmes/H200/

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions :h:
Cheers

Sophie
Reply 13
I have applied to Imperial, Bath, Bristol, Southampton CivEng and Cambridge Eng.

Civil Engineering is awesome!!!!:biggrin:
I've applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Southampton and Exeter. Anyone with offers so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applied to Cambridge,Imperial, Bath, Surrey and UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by petyou
So am I.

What A levels are you taking??
Reply 17
Original post by theonetruequeen
I've applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Southampton and Exeter. Anyone with offers so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Offer from UCL!
Original post by orhangok
Offer from UCL!

Ohmygod!!! Are you serious?! Congratulations mate :smile: when did you get it/when did you send in your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by theonetruequeen
Ohmygod!!! Are you serious?! Congratulations mate :smile: when did you get it/when did you send in your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks mate, and yeah I'm serious!! I got my offer 2 days ago and i sent my application on the 15th of October

Quick Reply

Latest