The Student Room Group

Cereal killer cafe attacked

Scroll to see replies

Original post by strangesquark
Seriously under £4 for a wrap with sides and a drink? I'd be lucky to be able to buy a wrap around where I work for the same price, let alone the chips and drink as well :frown:

Everything is expensive in London, so it's all relative.

Do chains like McDonald's charge more in Zone1/2? I suppose if so Spoons located their could but outside innermost London I'd assume menu's were standardised throughout the country, they are elsewhere at least it seems.
Is it wrong that whenever I see a guy with a beard and sailour tattoos who is not a fisherman, I automatically think he is a category A tosser?
Original post by United1892
Think the idea is their in a poor area where people can afford next to nothing but sell cereal for £3.50 a bowl.

Shoreditch has been a rich area for years now.
I prefer my cheerios gentrified and if it takes £5 for a bowl to keep the plebs out then so be it. Rather be inside than outside with those thugs.
Original post by KimKallstrom

In the conventional sense yes. But majority are not property owners in London believe it's only 14% and less in some of the better areas. Most property is owned by companies, pension funds, corporations, overseas investors. This is where the resentment comes from. You can be on 40k and barely be getting by in London. Londoners have low disposable income in some areas in terms of bang for your buck!
Original post by Bill_Gates
I prefer my cheerios gentrified and if it takes £5 for a bowl to keep the plebs out then so be it. Rather be inside than outside with those thugs.

You sound like a bigot.
Original post by Foo.mp3
They should really have anticipated a Frosty reception :mmm:

that's Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat !!!!

:yay::rave::rofl:
Original post by DystopiaisReal
And I thought London had it all, although I think an owl bar has the edge.

I actually really like the fact that there ARE people out there willing set up businesses like that, hopefully in a few years everywhere will have something unique.:wink:

they... they only serve Owls ???

:afraid:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Just as well they scarpered, or they'd have been torn to Shreddies! :mmm:

Oh my !! these attacks shouldn't alpen in the first place

:getmecoat:
Original post by whydoidothis?
You sound like a bigot.

it's the free market, darwinism brah
Original post by Foo.mp3
Haha, very amuesling :teehee:

*bear™ grits teeth *
Original post by KimKallstrom

The bits around it aren't. You have posh restaurants and luxury flats not far from poor areas.
Original post by the bear
they... they only serve Owls ???

:afraid:

*deadpan* of course....don't you enjoy owl on toast?

NO! It's actually quite dumb but owls kinda fly around while the fashionable people are drinking. Still more interesting than the cat and dog cafés that have taken permanent residence in London though.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Look, I'm Special, K? :K:

ermm Cheerio !!!

:wavey:
Original post by DystopiaisReal
*deadpan* of course....don't you enjoy owl on toast?

NO! It's actually quite dumb but owls kinda fly around while the fashionable people are drinking. Still more interesting than the cat and dog cafés that have taken permanent residence in London though.

hmmm i guess that is kinda cool.

could you have a Bat Café ?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Hey, there's no Raisin to Splitz on me! :sad:

let's Kallo it a day...
Original post by the bear
let's Kallo it a day...

Original post by Foo.mp3
Hey, there's no Raisin to Splitz on me! :sad:

Did you know that Muselims can't eat cereal for religious reasons?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They sell cereal you can't get here I love Milo cereal from Australia you can't get it here and I would pay £6.50 per box plus £6 postage the convience of getting it without waiting would be nice I would go to the cafe.
Original post by United1892
The bits around it aren't. You have posh restaurants and luxury flats not far from poor areas.[/QUSoooolondon, like literally all of london?
Original post by MatureStudent36
You can buy pretty much any food you want in a supermarket cheaper than a restaurant. You don't go out for a
Meal to save money. You pay for the dining experience.

Some people spend their money on beer.
Some people spend their money on nostalgic breakfast cereal.

This is the crux of the matter. I guess people don't understand this because they're used to expensive coffee by overexposure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending