The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2016

I know there is already an ODP thread for 2015 intake but hadn't seen any for September 2016 so wanted to make a new one.
Who else is applying for the ODP course September 2016 intake and what universities are you wanting to apply for? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

hi, i applied for last year but didn't make it, applying again for BCU :smile:
Reply 2
Im hoping for Surrey or New Bucks
Reply 3
I'm only applying to Northumbria University and sent off my application 2 days ago :smile:
Hi I want to stay local as I live in London but options are rather limited. I'm hoping to apply to LSBU, West London, Bucks and maybe Surrey. x
Hi, I am applying for the ODP 2016 course, wondering does anyone know how hard it is to get into the course?
Reply 6
Original post by Ellebelle1
Hi, I am applying for the ODP 2016 course, wondering does anyone know how hard it is to get into the course?

I'd love to know this too as I'm only applying to Edge Hill this year :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Ellebelle1

Original post by Georgina3456
I'd love to know this too as I'm only applying to Edge Hill this year :smile:

Hi.

I only know from speaking to Northumbria university so this may not apply to all universities that offer the course.
At Northumbria it's quite difficult to get onto the course (I am told) as there are only 25 spaces for applicants but there are 125+ people that apply.
It is mostly down to the interview as they are looking for someone with the personality that can meet the demands of the job.

That's all I know really :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Hey, got an interview for the University of Befforshire. Does anyone know what type of questions they ask? Also I have to take a maths and English test, haven't done maths in 3 years so anyone know what topics to revise? Thanks :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Hywel03
Hey, got an interview for the University of Befforshire. Does anyone know what type of questions they ask? Also I have to take a maths and English test, haven't done maths in 3 years so anyone know what topics to revise? Thanks :smile:

I'd have a read of some of the 2015 operating deparment practise threads, a lot of them have what happened in interviews etc :smile:
Hi. I'm also applying for the 2016 intake. Had an interview at Surrey last week but not heard decision yet (my preferred choice as I can apply for sponsorship by my trust). I have an interview for Portsmouth in February and still waiting to hear from LSBU, UWL and Canterbury Christchurch.

Currently working as an HCA in theatres so if anyone needs any pointers let me know :wink:
Still haven't sent my application off :s-smilie: starting to panic now
I havent sent mine off yet either. Im in two minds.. i want to apply for Adult Nursing and ODP at Huddersfield Uni but is it true that my application wont be considered as much as it would of been if i only applied to one course?
Has anyone had their interview yet? if so, what kinds of questions did they ask?:smile:
Reply 13
Hiii,
I'm applying to Cardiff, Canterbury Christ Church, Huddersfield, Portsmouth and Sheffield Hallam but I'm hoping to get into Portsmouth :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Georgina3456
Still haven't sent my application off :s-smilie: starting to panic now

Mee too, I'm still waiting for my teacher to send it off to UCAS :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Hi, I sent of my application a few weeks ago for ODP at Huddersfield and have a interview for this Friday. Has anyone had an interview with Hudds for this course yet?
Original post by Salma09
Hi, I sent of my application a few weeks ago for ODP at Huddersfield and have a interview for this Friday. Has anyone had an interview with Hudds for this course yet?

Hey can you let us know what questions they ask and how it goes as im hoping to apply there too.:smile:
Reply 17
Hi everyone!
I have applied for Canterbury Christ Church and have an interview on the 12th Jan.
Reply 18
Original post by Davage
Hi everyone!
I have applied for Canterbury Christ Church and have an interview on the 12th Jan.

Hey, please let us know how it goes as I've applied there too & good luck :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by JoyO
Hey, please let us know how it goes as I've applied there too & good luck :smile:

I shall do! Anyone else been invited for an interview?

Quick Reply