The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2016

Scroll to see replies

hey all, i have recieved interviews for edge hill and huddersfield.My hudds one is on 18 march.
Can anyone help me on what to expect? im really nervous:s-smilie:
Hello! Anybody here had an interview for Portsmouth yet? If so, how was it?
Hi has anyone applied to Anglia Ruskin and can tell me what the interview process is like? Thanks x
Original post by eclecticfemale
Hi has anyone applied to Anglia Ruskin and can tell me what the interview process is like? Thanks x

Maths and English test, really easy (just practice their sample paper) and then an individual interview with around 4 people.

Good luck! I got an unconditional offer for ARU :smile:
Original post by crazystar001
Maths and English test, really easy (just practice their sample paper) and then an individual interview with around 4 people.

When did you have the interview?
Original post by Ellebelle1
When did you have the interview?

Some time in Nov/Dec I think
Some time in Nov/Dec I think

what kinds of questions did they ask you?
Original post by reesuxoxo
what kinds of questions did they ask you?

Standard interview questions relating to team work, what ODPs about, how will you cope etc.

Forgot to mention, there was a group interview too. ARU are a friendly bunch though. They'll give you drinks and biscuits 😄
Standard interview questions relating to team work, what ODPs about, how will you cope etc.

Forgot to mention, there was a group interview too. ARU are a friendly bunch though. They'll give you drinks and biscuits 😄

How long did they take to offer you a place?
Original post by Ellebelle1
How long did they take to offer you a place?

I received an offer just before Christmas - so a few weeks.
I received an offer just bore Christmas - so a few weeks.

Oh quite a while then , I had 3wks ago still waiting

Hi thanks for the reply, thats great :h: was it a group interview? Or individual interview? Maths is not my best subject even though i always manage to pass every entry test lol ive had a look at the sample paper and im worrying now :ashamed2: was it straight forward questions about the role? Or more about trying to find out who you are? x
Reply 52
[QUOTE="10988;62090853"]
Original post by Salma09

Hi Salma what uni was the interview for?

Hey, it was for Huddersfield.
Reply 53
Congrats.... i sent my applications in jan still hvnt hear from them yet.

Hi thanks for the reply, thats great :h: was it a group interview? Or individual interview? Maths is not my best subject even though i always manage to pass every entry test lol ive had a look at the sample paper and im worrying now :ashamed2: was it straight forward questions about the role? Or more about trying to find out who you are? x
[QUOTE="Salma09;62503255"]
Original post by 10988

Hey, it was for Huddersfield.

hey what kinds of questions did they ask at the interview? Ive got mine next month

There was a group interview AND an individual interview. In the group interview, they looked at how we were communicating etc

There will always be questions about the role and its responsibilities and your motivations. They'll probably ask probing questions about yourself too. It should be ok - the only person who knows you best is you!

The numeracy test - honestly, just practice the sample paper. It's a sample paper for a reasoning you get my gist?

Sorry for the late reply!
Reply 56
Hi
Has anybody applied for deferred entry for the April 2017 intake at Edge Hill and had an offer?
Reply 57
Anyone heard anything from Northumbria?
Original post by Bevin
Anyone heard anything from Northumbria?

Nope! Glad I'm not the only one wondering this! I keep trying to tell myself not to worry as there's still 3 weeks of Feb to go but with each passing day I'm getting more stressed!
There was a group interview AND an individual interview. In the group interview, they looked at how we were communicating etc

There will always be questions about the role and its responsibilities and your motivations. They'll probably ask probing questions about yourself too. It should be ok - the only person who knows you best is you!

The numeracy test - honestly, just practice the sample paper. It's a sample paper for a reasoning you get my gist?

Sorry for the late reply!

Hi that's okay, thanks for getting back to me. You've been very helpful! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest