The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Sazzle294
Nope! Glad I'm not the only one wondering this! I keep trying to tell myself not to worry as there's still 3 weeks of Feb to go but with each passing day I'm getting more stressed!

I hear interviews aren't usually until March but thought I wouldve heard something by now haha, sent my application off in October and been waiting ever since :,(
Reply 61
[QUOTE="reesuxoxo;62519835"]
Original post by Salma09

hey what kinds of questions did they ask at the interview? Ive got mine next month

Hi, the questions were mainly focused on the roles and responsibilities of an ODP, our general knowledge of health care values, and what our attitudes and behavior should be when working with patients. Also make sure you know about what's going on in the media regarding the NHS, as you will be asked about your opinion regarding current events. Good luck!
[QUOTE="Salma09;62643539"]
Original post by reesuxoxo

Hi, the questions were mainly focused on the roles and responsibilities of an ODP, our general knowledge of health care values, and what our attitudes and behavior should be when working with patients. Also make sure you know about what's going on in the media regarding the NHS, as you will be asked about your opinion regarding current events. Good luck!

Hey thankyou for your reply, has the uni got back to you yet?
Reply 63
[QUOTE="reesuxoxo;62645205"]
Original post by Salma09

Hey thankyou for your reply, has the uni got back to you yet?

Yeah they did. I got a conditional offer! :smile:
[QUOTE="Salma09;62646375"]
Original post by reesuxoxo

Yeah they did. I got a conditional offer! :smile:

Thats so good! congratulations, how long did they take to get back to you after the interview?
Original post by Bevin
I hear interviews aren't usually until March but thought I wouldve heard something by now haha, sent my application off in October and been waiting ever since :,(

Yeah I was told by the course lead they invite during Jan/Feb for interviews in March/apr, but I have to confess I'm getting a little anxious even though we still have a couple of weeks in Feb left! Stress! Especially stressful when you pick up an email from UCAS, get all excited and then discover it's a circular about media or similar! Talk about getting hopes up! Do you know if they only get in touch if you are successful or do you think they let you know their decision either way?
Original post by Bevin

Hi Bevin, I got an invite for interview at Northumbria on 3rd March. Just came through today. You heard anything yet?
Reply 67
Original post by Sazzle294
Hi Bevin, I got an invite for interview at Northumbria on 3rd March. Just came through today. You heard anything yet?

Yes mine is for the 2nd March!! It sounds so intense!! Good luck! :smile:

I got an email but my track hasn't updated, has yours done this too?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bevin
Yes mine is for the 2nd March!! It sounds so intense!! Good luck! :smile:

I got an email but my track hasn't updated, has yours done this too?

Yeah I haven't had a ucas update yet, just from Northumbria themselves! Let me know how yours goes, wish you luck! Hopefully I will get to meet you when we start in September!
Reply 69
Yes ive mine next friday at portsmouth-from what ive heard its only an interview now additional maths tests etc and its usually a member of uni staff and someone from the placement hosps. I was told to expect about 30-45 mins. Also got my surrey one on thurs so 2 in 2 days eeek!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 70
Hello, i have an interview at northumbria on 3rd march too! Does any of you know if we will be taking a maths and english test? As they not mentioned

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Good luck everyone:smile:

Has anyone had any responses from Birmingham for the ODP course?
Original post by Lilymily
Good luck everyone:smile:

Has anyone had any responses from Birmingham for the ODP course?

Got an unconditional 😄
Reply 73
Original post by crazystar001
Got an unconditional 😄

CONGRATS!!!
Mind if i ask you lots of questions now? :P
When did you apply on ucas? And when did you hear back?
I left my application really late Im really angry with myself! This will be the only year i could afford to do it because the NHS cutbacks :frown:
Original post by Lilymily
CONGRATS!!!
Mind if i ask you lots of questions now? :P
When did you apply on ucas? And when did you hear back?
I left my application really late Im really angry with myself! This will be the only year i could afford to do it because the NHS cutbacks :frown:

Thanks!
I applied in mid October and I think I heard back from them just after Christmas? (It was an agonising wait because they kept sending me marketing emails before the actual interview email!)

You still have a chance! You should ring admissions and ask them what's going on. Be persistent, after all, this could change your future!
Reply 75
has anyone recieved an offer from Cardiff?
Reply 76
Original post by Hywel03
has anyone recieved an offer from Cardiff?

Hello, I've received an offer from Cardiff
Reply 77
Original post by crazystar001
Thanks!
I applied in mid October and I think I heard back from them just after Christmas? (It was an agonising wait because they kept sending me marketing emails before the actual interview email!)

You still have a chance! You should ring admissions and ask them what's going on. Be persistent, after all, this could change your future!

Thankyou
I callled and they said they are accepting late applicants. I just feel like i am at a massive disadvantage now, and Im normally so organised!!!
Ah well, we'll see.
I wonder how competitive this course is.
Reply 78
Original post by JoyO
Hello, I've received an offer from Cardiff

Hey, when did you receive your offer if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 79
Original post by Hywel03
Hey, when did you receive your offer if you don't mind me asking?

28th January & its no problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest