The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
[QUOTE="reesuxoxo;62646579"]
Original post by Salma09

Thats so good! congratulations, how long did they take to get back to you after the interview?

Thank you! They replied after 2 weeks, just after the Christmas holiday's.
[QUOTE="Salma09;62807503"]
Original post by reesuxoxo

Thank you! They replied after 2 weeks, just after the Christmas holiday's.

Oh thats good, btw what was the group discussion like in the interview? did they show you a video?
Reply 82
Original post by crazystar001
Thanks!
I applied in mid October and I think I heard back from them just after Christmas? (It was an agonising wait because they kept sending me marketing emails before the actual interview email!)

You still have a chance! You should ring admissions and ask them what's going on. Be persistent, after all, this could change your future!

Congrats on your offer at Birmingham!
I have an interview at BCU on 29 Feb and was wondering what to expect at the interview and what questions they ask.
Reply 83
Original post by udee04
Congrats on your offer at Birmingham!
I have an interview at BCU on 29 Feb and was wondering what to expect at the interview and what questions they ask.

Best of luck!!
When did you get invited?
Reply 84
Original post by Lilymily
Best of luck!!
When did you get invited?

Thanks Lilymily!
I applied late 14 January and received invitation to interview on 27 January. I'm nervous about interview I don't know what to expect. This will be my first ever university interview.
Reply 85
Original post by udee04
Thanks Lilymily!
I applied late 14 January and received invitation to interview on 27 January. I'm nervous about interview I don't know what to expect. This will be my first ever university interview.

I'm sure youll be fine. :smile:
They will be looking for your enthusiasm for the course more than anything. Best of luck, let us know how it goes.
hey all, i have recieved interviews for edge hill and huddersfield.My hudds one is on 18 march.
Can anyone help me on what to expect? im really nervous:s-smilie:

Hi had my Huddersfield interview Friday. It was really relaxed. They did a group discussion in small groups and then a short interview. It was all very casual, no trick questions or anything. Pretty sure I messed it up because of nerves but everyone was really friendly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Salma09
Hi, I sent of my application a few weeks ago for ODP at Huddersfield and have a interview for this Friday. Has anyone had an interview with Hudds for this course yet?

I'm a first year at Huddersfield on ODP so if anyone has any questions about it just give us a message :smile:
Original post by Goodluck2u
Hi had my Huddersfield interview Friday. It was really relaxed. They did a group discussion in small groups and then a short interview. It was all very casual, no trick questions or anything. Pretty sure I messed it up because of nerves but everyone was really friendly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, what was the group discussion about? and how many of you were there in the group? im really nervous for the group discussion:ahhhhh:
There was 4 or 5 in a group and we just had to discuss a scenario. (I have a feeling I'm not allowed to tell you what it was) it was really informal and just about seeing how we communicate. I was worried but honestly it wasn't that bad and all the staff were lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Has anyone had an interview at edge hill?
Reply 91
Original post by odpg
I've received an invite for an interview for Edge Hill for end of the month! Has anyone got any tips on what to expect? Thanks:smile:

Hello how did your interview go? Xx
Original post by Goodluck2u
There was 4 or 5 in a group and we just had to discuss a scenario. (I have a feeling I'm not allowed to tell you what it was) it was really informal and just about seeing how we communicate. I was worried but honestly it wasn't that bad and all the staff were lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol it wont do any harm if you tell and oh rightt i really want to get in and i just think im going to mess up!:emo: how long did the whole interview last for?
I was there for ages because they did a presentation then the group activity and then you waited your turn for the interview 2.5 to 3 hours.
Think discussing specifics is against forum rules

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think the actual interview lasted 10 min max

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Also is there a maths and English assessment for Opd courses? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Has anyone had an offer from Cardiff? Had my interview in January and haven't heard back yet.
Have an offer from Portsmouth :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by naomiiidawn
Has anyone had an offer from Cardiff? Had my interview in January and haven't heard back yet.
Have an offer from Portsmouth :smile:

I've received my offer from Cardiff a month ago :biggrin:
Hey, what was the group discussion about? and how many of you were there in the group? im really nervous for the group discussion:ahhhhh:

I can't have done that bad got an offer on Wednesday yey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest