The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bevin
Yes mine is for the 2nd March!! It sounds so intense!! Good luck! :smile:

I got an email but my track hasn't updated, has yours done this too?

Good luck for today! Let me know how it goes as mine us tomorrow!
Reply 101
Original post by Sazzle294
Good luck for today! Let me know how it goes as mine us tomorrow!

Sorry I've just managed to get online now :smile:
My interview went alright, got my fingers and toes crossed :smile:

How about you? How did you find it?
Original post by Bevin
Sorry I've just managed to get online now :smile:
My interview went alright, got my fingers and toes crossed :smile:

How about you? How did you find it?

I thought it seemed to go ok, the interviewers were very relaxed and informal, I didn't come out of the interview cringing so I hope I've done enough!

Did they tell you how long they would take to make a decision?

I'm so keen to get a place, I hate waiting to find out, it's torture!!!!
Reply 103
I thought it seemed to go ok, the interviewers were very relaxed and informal, I didn't come out of the interview cringing so I hope I've done enough!

Did they tell you how long they would take to make a decision?

I'm so keen to get a place, I hate waiting to find out, it's torture!!!!

Yeah I thought that too! :smile: Glad it went okay for you
And I did ask, and one said we wouldn't hear for a while yet.
I imagine that means it could be a few weeks wait :frown: I'll still be checking my UCAS everyday though haha :smile:
Wotcha! I'm new here...

I had my interview for ODP at Anglia Ruskin this past Wednesday (9th March) and got an unconditional offer two days later. I am ducking terrified! Anyone else joining me at ARU in September? It'd be nice to get to know some of my cohort before it all kicks off...
Reply 105
anyone had a reply from Northumbria after interviews?
Original post by march02
anyone had a reply from Northumbria after interviews?

No, they told me that it would be at least a couple of weeks after the interviews and I think they were actually doing interviews this week too so I'm figuring we won't hear until back end of March maybe even early April. I have to say I'm hating the wait though!
Reply 107
No, they told me that it would be at least a couple of weeks after the interviews and I think they were actually doing interviews this week too so I'm figuring we won't hear until back end of March maybe even early April. I have to say I'm hating the wait though!

It's a nightmare!
Original post by march02
It's a nightmare!

Soooo.....I had an offer today for Northumbria which I will be accepting as soon as I stop shaking! Anyone else been lucky for Northumbria?
Reply 109
Soooo.....I had an offer today for Northumbria which I will be accepting as soon as I stop shaking! Anyone else been lucky for Northumbria?

I did not get an offer. But apparently I did not do so bad that they've put me on a waiting list so if anyone does not firm Northumbria as their uni, or drops out, then I may be offered a place.

Congrats :smile:
I have an interview at Teesside on Friday, so nervous! Anyone had interview there? Is it just individual interview or mixed with group & maths test?

Thanks
So I have my Cardiff interview Monday. Took ages to come through, had to email the admissions team and they put me on nearest spot.
Hi all. Does anyone know, after qualifying, how long the qualification is valid for if you don't begin working as an ODP straight away? I would be thinking of taking a year or so out to do something else but I'm no sure if that's actually an option.
Reply 113
Original post by memmarmite
Wotcha! I'm new here...

I had my interview for ODP at Anglia Ruskin this past Wednesday (9th March) and got an unconditional offer two days later. I am ducking terrified! Anyone else joining me at ARU in September? It'd be nice to get to know some of my cohort before it all kicks off...

Hi , how was the interview and what did they ask? I have an interest in the course?thank you
Reply 114
Hi
How was the interview and what questions did they ask pls?
Reply 115
anyone else going to be studying in cardiff in september?
Hi I have an interview tomorrow for ARU please can anyone give me some last minute tips or what I should read up on. Just want to ensure I have covered everything. Thanks :smile:
I applied in October for ODP at Glasgow Caledonian University, I had my interview on the 9th Feb and the deadline for all UCAS replies is 5th May.... has anyone heard from here? think they just wont reply
Reply 118
Hi, it's not so much the qualification but the registration with the HCPC. If you want to take a year out after qualifying then I would get your registration first, as if you don't register for a few years, when you do apply the HCPC will want to know what you have been doing to be sure you are still up to date.
Reply 119
At Canterbury Christ Church Uni we interview once a month from Jan - July and offers are made usually a couple of weeks later via UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest