The Student Room Group

How do i revise?

Im in yr 11 now and so I am doing gcse's. however im not sure how to revise? im doing unit 2 in science, but im thinking of retaking unit 1 as well as well as doing maths and English.
what are the ways I could revise?
how can I revise efficiently so that I can fit all my subjects in?
help!
Original post by priyaksandhu
Im in yr 11 now and so I am doing gcse's. however im not sure how to revise? im doing unit 2 in science, but im thinking of retaking unit 1 as well as well as doing maths and English.
what are the ways I could revise?
how can I revise efficiently so that I can fit all my subjects in?
help!
Right, rule number:
1. Plan: use the TSR study planner to set yourself up properly http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner/week/2015-09-28
2. Textbooks, either get them from school or buy them from the likes of www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk and www.collins.co.uk/index.html adn cgp.
3. Get the spec google the spec that you know you're doing. I you don't know it'll be on your school website...
4. Get going. Give me a list of your exam boards for every subject you're doing and I'll help you where I can from what I did...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Ask your subject teachers what exam board your subjects are in, if you don't know already.

Go on the exam board's website and look at past papers and mark schemes. Also look at the resources the board offers for the teachers, they often write reports on where students have gone wrong and things like that.
Preparing yourself for the exam is so much easier if you know the exam board inside out!

This is probably the best way to schedule your revision
Original post by 04MR17

1. Plan: use the TSR study planner to set yourself up properly http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner/week/2015-09-28

Start revising asap, nothing to full on at the moment of course just go over what you learnt within your lessons and take tests and things online.

Good luck
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 04MR17
Right, rule number:
2. Textbooks, either get them from school or buy them from the likes of www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk and www.collins.co.uk/index.html adn cgp.
3. Get the spec google the spec that you know you're doing. I you don't know it'll be on your school website...
4. Get going. Give me a list of your exam boards for every subject you're doing and I'll help you where I can from what I did...

Thank you so much! your advice really has made me a lot more confident and helped me prepare!. my exam bored for my subjects are:
maths-OCR
chemistry- AQA
physics-AQA
biology-AQA
English-Edexcel
Reply 4
write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper
Thank you so much! your advice really has made me a lot more confident and helped me prepare!. my exam bored for my subjects are:
maths-OCR
chemistry- AQA
physics-AQA
biology-AQA
English-Edexcel
Is it English Language? Are you not doing any other subjects?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Is it English Language? Are you not doing any other subjects?

im doing both language and literature. yes i also do ART, i have already got my health and social and physical education GCSE, as i took them exams last year and received a grade b in health and social and a grade c in physical education. i also do a betec business
Reply 7
Original post by HarunH1
write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper write notes and do EVERY past paper

write notes and do EVERY past paper! right i got it!!! thank youu!
I'm doing both language and literature. Yes I also do ART, I have already got my health and social and physical education GCSE, as I took them exams last year and received a grade b in health and social and a grade c in physical education. I also do a BTEC business
Good, so you've got some boxed off already. That's great. Which texts are you studying for English? I did Romeo and Juliet, Of Mice and Men, Inspector Calls and Animal Farm. But I'm doing Othello, 1984, Death of a Salesman, Tess of the D'Urbevilles, Atonement, Oliver Twist and many more for A Level so I should be able to help you there. Unfortunately, I didn't do any of your other exam boards so I can't help you there but if you asked me a science question say, then I could answer. The same with Maths (I'm doing Maths at A Level).
Get appropriate revisions books/guides for each subject ( for maths and English you can download free apps on the App Store. You can also buy them for science but they aren't free but good for quick quizzes etc). Go through the books and highlight key information and write notes.
Make and use flash cards (these are handy to carry around aswell) and create your own questions.
Go over past exam papers constantly and highlight what you need to work on.
Make mindmaps and use the specifications.
Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending