The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Need Major Help!!

Ive done somthing stupid and have been caught for plagiarism in my second year for one assignment. I recieved a letter saying I don not have enough credit to progress to the final year. I have passed all other modules. I have no idea what to do now. is there any way to resit this one module from somewhere and carry onto my final year so I can hopefully graduate. Please help with any information im stressing out
I don't know, but it's your own fault, honestly, for plagiarising in the first place.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by BerniHurton
I don't know, but it's your own fault, honestly, for plagiarising in the first place.

No **** sherlock

OP, this basically means you failed the module which means you failed the whole year, so you will probably have to transfer to another uni to redo the 2nd year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by driftawaay
No **** sherlock

OP, this basically means you failed the module which means you failed the whole year, so you will probably have to transfer to another uni to redo the 2nd year.

no need to be rude
Original post by BerniHurton
no need to be rude

Take your own advice.
Original post by aali91
Ive done somthing stupid and have been caught for plagiarism in my second year for one assignment. I recieved a letter saying I don not have enough credit to progress to the final year. I have passed all other modules. I have no idea what to do now. is there any way to resit this one module from somewhere and carry onto my final year so I can hopefully graduate. Please help with any information im stressing out

Have you asked about options to retake that module?
Original post by aali91

You can probably resit the second year. Though that's a really serious situation but you could try to find a different uni I believe you still got a chance
Reply 7
No **** sherlock

how do I apply to start from the second year, would I have to do this through UCAS?
Original post by aali91
how do I apply to start from the second year, would I have to do this through UCAS?

No, you need to contact individual unis that you would like to transfer to and ask them if they would take you. Explain you have failed a year and want to transfer to redo it, you don't have to mention the plagiarism.
Reply 9
No, you need to contact individual unis that you would like to transfer to and ask them if they would take you. Explain you have failed a year and want to transfer to redo it, you don't have to mention the plagiarism.

thnk you so much for the help
Original post by aali91

Hi aali91,

I would suggest that you contact your course leader and discuss this with them and what the next steps would be.

I hope this helps,

Chloe :smile:

Student Ambassador
Reply 11
Who is stupid enough to need to cheat at Kingston university? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending