The Student Room Group

PGDE Applications 2016 (Scotland)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Does anybody have an interview for Aberdeen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slou22

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! What did you apply for? I've only had an acknowledgement from Aberdeen, they were the last uni to get back to me.
Original post by slou22

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I've just received an email today inviting me to attend an interview at Aberdeen. Ahh, I'm excited! I'm from North Lanarkshire though so it might be a bit of a treck getting there.
Reply 143
Original post by Dannyell2
Hi! I've just received an email today inviting me to attend an interview at Aberdeen. Ahh, I'm excited! I'm from North Lanarkshire though so it might be a bit of a treck getting there.

Oh good luck! I'm about 2 hours away but its first thing in the morning so might be a bit tricky!
Reply 144
Original post by mellow_yellow
Well done! What did you apply for? I've only had an acknowledgement from Aberdeen, they were the last uni to get back to me.

For Primary :smile:
Anyone got an interview for music secondary at Edinburgh? :smile:
does anyone know if there are any bursaries available for primary teaching PGDE students?
Original post by Alexandra1811
does anyone know if there are any bursaries available for primary teaching PGDE students?

Hi Alexandra,

I am currently on the PGDE Primary Teaching course at Glasgow Uni.
You can get a bursary through SAAS but it is very little and works out at around£62 per month!

Best of Luck to all of you in the middle of the application process and in the interviews. It is a VERY VERY tough year but it will be worth it!
I sent my application off in September, the day it opened. I applied UWS for Secondary Biology and Primary and Secondary Biology for Glasgow Strathclyde and Edinburgh. So far I have an interview on monday for UWS primary.
I've been given an interview for Glasgow on Monday and UWS on Wednesday both for primary, excited!! Good luck everyone 😊 Xx
Original post by Starmie_x
I've been given an interview for Glasgow on Monday and UWS on Wednesday both for primary, excited!! Good luck everyone 😊 Xx

have you looked up last years tsr thread? there was some questions people were asked at Glasgow and they posted the questions, should take a look for any ideas on what they might ask
Yeah thanks! I had interviews at both last year too so kinda know what to expect 😊 Xx
I applied a couple years ago when I first graduated but I was only 20 so kind of glad I didn't get in them because I don't feel I was mature enough. What did they ask you last year? just the same generic questions?
Yeah on glad I didn't get in either tbh, been working in a nursery so feel a lot more confident this time around :smile: yeah basically the same sort of questions on the other post. Think the only thing that differs each time is the written task, but u don't find that out until the day :smile:
Hi everyone,was just looking through messages on Facebook & starting to worry. I have an interview for Strathyclyde on 17th Dec but only Strathclyde which I am delighted about but noticed a lot of people who have posted their p.s 2 weeks after me have interview for UWS and Glasgow. I have saw a few people are the same situation but it doesn't half put pressure on my Strathclyde interview now!!:frown::frown:
It doesn't matter when you send it in just depends when they start to read them. Is it primary or secondary? I have a friend doing uws secondary biology and they guy looking over the applications is starting on Monday to look at them
Oh really that makes me feel better thanks! Im nervous enough for this interview without the pressure of thinking its the only one Im getting. Yeh its primary teaching.
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. They will have so many applications to read. Mean I submitted mine September and that is me just hearing from one
Reply 158
Original post by scotinengland
Do applications have to be in for January? I'm applying to Strathclyde to do PGDE in business studies. Would have liked to apply to Glasgow uni yoo but I'm missing credits on accounting from uni which would mean having to find a top up course to do. Thankfully Stratclyde said my qualifications are fine. I've looked at Aberdeen but not a place I would like to be based. It's a shame Edinburgh don't offer the PGDE business studies.

Hey

I'm in the same situation as you, I'm looking to apply for PGDE in business studies, but I emailed Strathclyde and Glasgow about the missing 20 credits in accounting and both said I could still apply but would have to have made up the 20 credits by August 2016. What is your degree in?
Remember they have nearly 2000 applications to read so it takes time to reply so don't worry. Some interviews are held right up until March next year so don't panic. I waited about a month to hear back from 2 uni's and over 3 from the other 3.

Good Luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending