The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Postgraduate study at York

Are you thinking of studying a postgraduate course at York? Use this thread to meet other postgraduate applicants and ask any questions about specific courses, the admissions process or postgraduate life at York.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have applied to study the MA in Global Crime and Justice in September 2016 - has anyone else? Are there any people on here who have done this course and could tell me their opinion? It's been 6 days since I submitted an application, does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back? :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by Neelambri
Hi, I have applied to study the MA in Global Crime and Justice in September 2016 - has anyone else? Are there any people on here who have done this course and could tell me their opinion? It's been 6 days since I submitted an application, does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back? :smile:

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thanks for your application to the Department of Social Policy and Social Work.

We aim to respond to postgraduate applications within six weeks of submission, normally sooner. Unfortunately I can't give you an exact date.

Many thanks,

Helen
Hi,

Thanks for replying! I was given an unconditional offer which I firmed a few days ago. I applied for accommodation yesterday - how long do the accommodation services take to make a room offer?

:smile:
Hi,

Thanks for replying! I was given an unconditional offer which I firmed a few days ago. I applied for accommodation yesterday - how long do the accommodation services take to make a room offer?

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer to study at York!

We aim to get back with an offer of accommodation within two days. If you have any further questions you can contact the accommodation team here: http://www.york.ac.uk/study/accommodation/postgraduate/

Thanks,

Helen
Hi,

Congratulations! :smile:

Can I ask, how long did you wait for a decision?
Original post by University of York
Are you thinking of studying a postgraduate course at York? Use this thread to meet other postgraduate applicants and ask any questions about specific courses, the admissions process or postgraduate life at York.

Hello.

I wonder if you can help me please. I have applied for the MA in Film and Literature, and my application is currently under consideration (it has been almost 3 weeks since I submitted, and I'm keeping everything crossed!). I have logged in to You@York to check my personal details and found that you have two conflicting addresses -- my correct home address, and an incorrect address for correspondence. I have not lived at the second address listed for more than 8 years, and did not put it on my application, so am unsure as to how York have got this information. I have edited and updated it to my home address, but if someone can please help me to work out this mystery, I would be very grateful! I'm also a little worried in case anything has been sent to an incorrect address.

Thanks
Original post by jellybeans_x21
Congratulations! :smile:

Can I ask, how long did you wait for a decision?

Hi sorry for the late reply I didn't get a notification about this! It took them about a month to get back to me :smile: have you heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi sorry for the late reply I didn't get a notification about this! It took them about a month to get back to me :smile: have you heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!

Not to worry! Not yet. I submitted my application 3 weeks ago today, but my reference was only submitted around 10 days ago. Keeping my fingers crossed! :smile:
Original post by jellybeans_x21
Hello.

I wonder if you can help me please. I have applied for the MA in Film and Literature, and my application is currently under consideration (it has been almost 3 weeks since I submitted, and I'm keeping everything crossed!). I have logged in to You@York to check my personal details and found that you have two conflicting addresses -- my correct home address, and an incorrect address for correspondence. I have not lived at the second address listed for more than 8 years, and did not put it on my application, so am unsure as to how York have got this information. I have edited and updated it to my home address, but if someone can please help me to work out this mystery, I would be very grateful! I'm also a little worried in case anything has been sent to an incorrect address.

Thanks

Hi,

Just about to send you a private message with more info on how we can sort this out. For anyone reading this with a similar query about You@York, please contact '[email protected]'.

Thanks,

George
Reply 10

Just recently accepted a place for an MA in Global Crime and Justice and accommodation at York as well at Goodricke college :smile:
Hi

I'm applying for the MSc in Development, Disorders and Clinical Practice and was wondering how long is acceptable for the written piece of work we are asked to submit?

Thank you
Charlotte
Reply 12
Hi, I'm waiting anxiously for an update on my application for MSc Economics! It's only been 2 and a half weeks but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! Anyone else applied/heard back for MSc Economics?
Reply 13
Accepted a place for MA Cultural Heritage Management starting September 2016 (depending on getting a 2:1) .

Which colleges are you guys going for? i need to apply for my accommodation :biggrin:
Reply 14
It took 4 weeks but I'm glad to have received an unconditional offer for MSc Economics .
Original post by Chash22308903
Hi

I'm applying for the MSc in Development, Disorders and Clinical Practice and was wondering how long is acceptable for the written piece of work we are asked to submit?

Thank you
Charlotte

Hi!

I have also applied for this MSc....
I am really nervous to know about the result......hope I don't need to wait until 1 April..(the decision date)

This course seems so interesting and practical, and I really hope I can get a place...

Good luck to you too!
Tiffany
Original post by Tiffanyorps
Hi!

I have also applied for this MSc....
I am really nervous to know about the result......hope I don't need to wait until 1 April..(the decision date)

This course seems so interesting and practical, and I really hope I can get a place...

Good luck to you too!
Tiffany

Hi :smile:

When did you apply? I know I'm hoping to hear soon too, applied 3 weeks ago now and the suspense is killing me!
Original post by Chash22308903
Hi :smile:

When did you apply? I know I'm hoping to hear soon too, applied 3 weeks ago now and the suspense is killing me!

I also applied 3 weeks ago... the professor who promised to write the letter for me submitted the referee's report 2 days before the deadline though...

Are you a local applicant? If yes then I think you may be informed earlier :wink: I am an international student (from Hong Kong) so I think normally they may take more time on assessing overseas applications....

Anyway let's hope for the good news!!...haha:clap2:

I've got an offer for an MA in Medieval Studies (contingent on getting a high 2:1) and will be looking into (non-university) accommodation. Does anyone know where to start looking to find somewhere reasonably close to the city centre? Thanks
Reply 19
Quick question-thiking about probably applying for accommodation at Goodricke College. The table showing which of the courts are used for postgrad students is outdated (2014/15) on there website and I was wondering which are being used for postgrad students next year (2016/17)? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest