The Student Room Group

Girls at uni... how old is too old for a guy?

From relationships to one night stands, if the age differs.

If you are 18-21, would you sleep with/date a 22/23 year old finalist/post-graduate? How about anyone older than that? When does it become a hurdle?
Reply 1
Original post by ZolaCFC25

If you are 18-21, would you sleep with/date a 22/23 year old finalist/post-graduate? How about anyone older than that? When does it become a hurdle?

I'm not a girl but here's my take. I'm 26 and I've had my share of 18-21 year old undergrads and postgrads. Make of that what you will.

Girls generally like older men.
I personally would as I prefer older men

At 18 yes. Becomes a hurdle if they're like 25 and +. I've had bad experiences with older guys so thats a no no :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm 29 and heading back to university next year age 30, I probably wont bother telling my age and see how it goes.
Reply 5
Original post by angelcake123
At 18 yes. Becomes a hurdle if they're like 25 and +. I've had bad experiences with older guys so thats a no no :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

23 within your limits? and say, in your 2nd/3rd years of uni?
23 within your limits? and say, in your 2nd/3rd years of uni?

Yeah 23 is within my limits. If i'm in 2nd/3rd year, I'd be age 19/20/21 so 23 would certainly be fine.
I'm 18 and 23 is easily within who I'll date. I'll start getting iffy about it the closer to 30 a guy is.
Reply 8
I honestly think some women make too much of a big deal about age! Unless there's a significant gap...say 10years plus, then why should it matter? If you have similar interests, similar goals, and the same stage in your life, then she shouldn't matter in my eyes.
I'm not single but I think I would be screwed if I were chasing standard uni age girls at my age (31)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most girls it will only become hesitant if the guy is 5+ years older

Posted from TSR Mobile
No such thing as too old. I'm engaged to a guy who's 14 years older than me. :love:
Original post by Vixen47
No such thing as too old. I'm engaged to a guy who's 14 years older than me. :love:

Aww that's so cute :tongue:
I would prefer someone who has long finished uni; mid twenties or older is good. :yes:

Original post by Vixen47

D'aww.:h:
For me, it's not so much the age. It's more where we both are in terms of life and wanting different things. Briefly dated someone 13 years older than me with kids. (I was closer to his eldest sons age than his) I knew it wouldn't work out at all from the start.
I'm 20 now, and I doubt I'd date someone older than 30. And even that is pushing it.

For several reasons really. For one we would more than likely be in completely different stages of life and as such could cause problems down the line. And secondly, if I ended up in a serious relationship with them as time went on and we got older I'd be aware of the fact that not only is he 10 years older than me but he is also more likely do die earlier than me anyway due to his gender. Entirely selfish reason, but I want to die first because I don't deal with death very well :tongue:

But anyway, it wouldn't be a deal breaker as such. Just a turn off.
I'm 18 - anything up to 25 for me
Original post by OU Student
For me, it's not so much the age. It's more where we both are in terms of life and wanting different things. Briefly dated someone 13 years older than me with kids. (I was closer to his eldest sons age than his) I knew it wouldn't work out at all from the start.

Woah, you could have been his son's gf.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending