The Student Room Group

issues with fostering achild

me andmy partner have just taken up fostering a child, he is a 13 year old boy who's mother died of cancer and had no one to live with as he had a single parent , i am 30 and my partner is 35 so we are new to this, we took it up because we wanted to help the child, in these last few weeks we have been hit with an issue, before he went to school the other day he asked me for some new underwear, he did not ask me what sort he wanted, so i brought him boxer shorts as i though although my knowledge of boys clothing is zero as i have never been a parent before i assumed since he was a growing boy and who likes lots of sport and he would wear boxer shorts, when he came home from school i showed him his new undewear i brought from primemark, and he said why did you buy me boxer shorts i wear briefs because that what his late mom brought him and that what he likes, i mean how was i meant to know that when he did not tell me, and when he does his own washing so i never saw his underwear, so yesterday i returned back to primemark and brought him briefs, but today when i took him to play squash after school some older guys on are way out said oh cute little boy wears briefs and made personal remarks which angered me, when i got home i said to him shall i go and buy him boxers and he yelled at me and said no i want my ****ing briefs i like them just always buy them, shall i just like i have done keep buying him briefs if that it what he wants, because its his body.
(edited 8 years ago)
If that's what he feels most comfortable and happy wearing then I think you should just let him do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending