The Student Room Group

A2 ICT G064 coursework?

Anyone doing this A2 coursework I think it's OCR. It's where you have to go find a client (store/business manager) and talk to them about their system/database and you have to come up with a better design/solution to its flaws. Has anyone else just made up a client? I really don't believe people have actually legit done this unless like their parent's owns a business.
I've done it, just used a teacher
Reply 2
I done it this year, last month found out I got 65/80
My teacher won't tell me what i got, he said that it's not necessary for me to know, so annoying!
How are you finding the theory?
Reply 4
Thinking about commiting after seeing the specification!
Reply 5
Original post by TaBs_65
Thinking about commiting after seeing the specification!

i will be if wales win anorl
Original post by smackitintheair
My teacher won't tell me what i got, he said that it's not necessary for me to know, so annoying!
How are you finding the theory?

sorry for late reply but I've finished it now :biggrin: There'sjust so much to remember for the theory tbh I have done poorly in the exam and I got about 48/80 in the coursework so perhaps a D overall :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by eternaforest
sorry for late reply but I've finished it now :biggrin: There'sjust so much to remember for the theory tbh I have done poorly in the exam and I got about 48/80 in the coursework so perhaps a D overall :frown:

hiya i'm going into my second year, any advice for coursework and theory?:smile:
Original post by thaliawaters
hiya i'm going into my second year, any advice for coursework and theory?:smile:

My advice would be, do as much of the database as possible but it doesn't have to be 100% working as you can fake the screenshots in your documentation since you don't actually need to hand in your database file, just screenshots and annotations of it. I pretty much made up all of mine so feel free to blag here and there if you need extra marks. For theory, well I did terrible at that and can't remember anything of it :redface: but make sure you borrow out the OCR textbook for it and just make notes. Sorry I don't have much good advice to offer, I did end up with an E overall in ICT :laugh: oh and i guess the website teach-ict.com is another good resource as it is specifically for the a level courses.

There are actually two different courseworks for A2 ICT: the one i did and another one which i heard involves making a web page so if you're doing that one, i've heard it's a lot easier than the one i did :smile:
Reply 9
Aw no i'm doing the database and already I know i'm going to struggle!! No, Thank you very much for the advice, nice to know they don't actually need the file and I can cut myself some slack and start making things up:h: But congrats anyway for getting through it, it's not the nicest of subjects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending