The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 Psychology Thread 2015-2016

Hello everyone :smile:

Just thought I'd start this because it already seems like our A2 year is going to be hard, I'm already struggling with the amount of studies we have to learn!

AS Grade: B
Predicted A2 Grade: A
Topics Studied: Forensic Psychology and Sport & Exercise Psychology.
Thoughts so far: It's so hard but also very interesting!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
Hello everyone :smile:

Just thought I'd start this because it already seems like our A2 year is going to be hard, I'm already struggling with the amount of studies we have to learn!

AS Grade: B
Topics Studied: Forensic Psychology and Sport & Exercise Psychology.
Thoughts so far: It's so hard but also very interesting!

Hi! :wavey: I guess I'll introduce myself:
AS Grade: A
Topics Studied: Forensic and Health & Clinical psychology.
Thoughts so far: It's hard to believe that we've gone a third of the Options paper already!!!

I was just wondering if anyone knows what approach Wakefield's study would fall into? (The one about smoking legislation in health belief, Health & Clinical. Some people do the chip pan fire study so may not do this one). It's really bugging me as I want to categorise it!

How are you finding the essays? That's a change from AS I didn't like :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey, :smile:
I'm studying Health & Clinical and Forensic psychology. My teacher is the worst teacher ever, we are literally self-teaching so any help would be brilliant.
The essays aren't too bad once you get a hang of them, you just need to contextualise. Not gonna lie, I really miss AS though.

Also, how far have you guys got into the course?
Reply 3
Original post by Kamara7
Hi! :wavey: I guess I'll introduce myself:
Topics Studied: Forensic and Health & Clinical psychology.
Thoughts so far: It's hard to believe that we've gone a third of the Options paper already!!!

I was just wondering if anyone knows what approach Wakefield's study would fall into? (The one about smoking legislation in health belief, Health & Clinical. Some people do the chip pan fire study so may not do this one). It's really bugging me as I want to categorise it!

How are you finding the essays? That's a change from AS I didn't like :frown:

Sorry, I have literally only just seen this :frown:

I'm actually doing pretty well in the essays! I've had 1 15 marker and I got full marks and 2 10 markers where I got 10/10 and 6/10. It's remembering all the studies that I'm struggling immensely though. I wish I was doing Health & Clinical, I know some of it already so it'd be a lot easier. How are they going for you?

Original post by Zenny4698
Hey, :smile:
I'm studying Health & Clinical and Forensic psychology. My teacher is the worst teacher ever, we are literally self-teaching so any help would be brilliant.
The essays aren't too bad once you get a hang of them, you just need to contextualise. Not gonna lie, I really miss AS though.

Also, how far have you guys got into the course?

I miss AS too :frown: and we thought THAT was hard, hehe :tongue:

I'm just really struggling to remember all of the BLOODY STUDIES!! :angry: What about you?

I'm actually doing pretty well in the essays! I've had 1 15 marker and I got full marks and 2 10 markers where I got 10/10 and 6/10. It's remembering all the studies that I'm struggling immensely though. I wish I was doing Health & Clinical, I know some of it already so it'd be a lot easier. How are they going for you?

I'm just really struggling to remember all of the BLOODY STUDIES!! :angry: What about you?

Ikr, this is 10x worse. And yeah, I remember them vaguely, just need a lot more detail.
Reply 5
Ikr, this is 10x worse. And yeah, I remember them vaguely, just need a lot more detail.

Exactly :frown: I can't even remember all the names let alone the rest of the study :frown:
Exactly :frown: I can't even remember all the names let alone the rest of the study :frown:

Hmmm, what revision method do you use?
Reply 7
Hmmm, what revision method do you use?

I haven't started revision yet, I can't even remember the names from last week though :s-smilie:

...AAAAAHHHHHHHH
I haven't started revision yet, I can't even remember the names from last week though :s-smilie:

...AAAAAHHHHHHHH

Really? You're kinda lucky, I've got mocks this week and next week and I'm dying AAARGHHH!

I'm such a procrastinator, everything distracts me
Reply 9
Really? You're kinda lucky, I've got mocks this week and next week and I'm dying AAARGHHH!

I'm such a procrastinator, everything distracts me

I think our mocks are in January. Same, I'm SOOOO easily distracted :redface:
I'm really struggling with learning every single study and all the details. I know the outline but not like the sample or anything. How can I learn them?? Is anyone else having the problem??
Hey everyone,

I'm also doing OCR A2 Psychology and finding it hard to revise everything after how differently we were taught last year! Has anyone got any tips or advice?

Thank-you in advance. :smile:
Hi Guys,
I'll introduce myself too...
Topics Studied: Forensic Psychology and Health & Clinic Psychology.
Thoughts so far: I love learning more theory as opposed to learning 15 studies in immense detail but I can see the sheer number of studies we have to know this year will kill me:s-smilie:

I use an app on my phone called Flashcards and it's sooo good when it comes to learning the little details from the studies. Takes a while to set up but it's worth it!
Heyyy and basically I just try to remember what I can and write it down and then afterwards with a different colour pen add in all the stuff I missed out and just learn that.... And just do it till I know it all

Hope that helps 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think our mocks are in January. Same, I'm SOOOO easily distracted :redface:

Lucky you. You've got a month to revise! I've only had a week and a half

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lucky you. You've got a month to revise! I've only had a week and a half

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
I'm sure you'll do great :smile:

Thank you! 🤓😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellena_G
I'm really struggling with learning every single study and all the details. I know the outline but not like the sample or anything. How can I learn them?? Is anyone else having the problem??

Hi! This isn't a big deal as you don't have to remember all of these details like we had to for AS. Just round the sample number, like for one that's 17,247 just say in the exam (if it's relevant to put this) the sample was around 17,000. It is quite difficult though :redface: IFor every study, I type a summary sheet (which I try to fit on one page), highlighting the important results (as you don't need all of them), conclusions and other stuff I could use to support essay questions :smile:

It's alright :h:

At the start of A2, I was consistently getting 7/10 in the part a questions, which was annoying but I got an 8/10 recently :biggrin: I keep on getting 12/15 in the 15 markers as well, but tbh it's higher than I thought I'll get due to a different writing style than AS. I just want to see what I got in my mocks :smile:
Original post by Kamara7
It's alright :h:

At the start of A2, I was consistently getting 7/10 in the part a questions, which was annoying but I got an 8/10 recently :biggrin: I keep on getting 12/15 in the 15 markers as well, but tbh it's higher than I thought I'll get due to a different writing style than AS. I just want to see what I got in my mocks :smile:

I've been getting full marks in the homeworks essays (apart from one annoying 6/10), it's the studies that's the problem for me. There's too many of them! I hope you get you mock back soon! :h:

Original post by Kamara7
Hi! This isn't a big deal as you don't have to remember all of these details like we had to for AS. Just round the sample number, like for one that's 17,247 just say in the exam (if it's relevant to put this) the sample was around 17,000. It is quite difficult though :redface: IFor every study, I type a summary sheet (which I try to fit on one page), highlighting the important results (as you don't need all of them), conclusions and other stuff I could use to support essay questions :smile:

My teacher told me one sentence each for Aim, Sample, Method, Findings, Conclusions and then the evaluation. I only found that out today ~ I've been trying to learn them in waaaaaay too much detail haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending