The Student Room Group

is my dentist lying to me about tooth decay ?

i went to the dentist and he said I have four cavities. i am 30 years old and although i not visted a dentist for about 8 years, i have always been told by my
dental hygienist who cleans my teeth that i have no cavities. thats the reason I doubt him and the fact Idon't feel any pain in my mouth and my teeth look very white to me do eat quite a lot of sugar foods like chocolate but I brush my teeth twice a day and floss. I eat certain things but none of my teeth have been hurting all. do dentists mess mess your mouth up. This is not my regular dentist also because I moved what shall i do
Reply 1
do what the dentist says. otherwise, one day, all of a sudden, you'll get toothache and then you may need to have root canal surgery or worse have it pulled out. get it sorted before it's too late and too painful.
Original post by alina jenkins
i went to the dentist and he said I have four cavities. i am 30 years old and although i not visted a dentist for about 8 years, i have always been told by my
dental hygienist who cleans my teeth that i have no cavities. thats the reason I doubt him and the fact Idon't feel any pain in my mouth and my teeth look very white to me do eat quite a lot of sugar foods like chocolate but I brush my teeth twice a day and floss. I eat certain things but none of my teeth have been hurting all. do dentists mess mess your mouth up. This is not my regular dentist also because I moved what shall i do

well, clearly they are not lying to you????? stop being a dick, love from bernihurton
BTW, I genuinely was on the katieMCR account
Some dentists have lied in the past to my friends and family just so they can get them to pay for new fillings. You can always get another opinion or just go with your gut. I personally wouldn't get anything done unless they could prove to me that otherwise I'd have issues with my mouth later. And if I'm not in pain, all the more reason not to believe them.
Reply 5
Unless you can see definitive proof on a radiograph, I would surely ask for a second opinion

If you brush your teeth twice a day, use floss and have a hygienist, it's very unlikely that you have tooth decay.

Quick Reply

Latest