The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University applicants for 2016 Entry

Who is thinking about Keele for 2016 entry? If so, which courses?

Our team are on hand to answer any questions you have about student life, courses, our gorgeous campus 🌳 activities and societies, squirrels, accommodation and the support services available to all Keele students.

Get get a feel for how our 2015 entry are getting on watch our vlogger playlist below!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm6S_-wsxg6DNSS0vavREc7tjyAYt5uHV[/video]

Alistair, Ian, Jodie and Illana
(Keele Student Room team)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have been to an open day today and have decided that if i get an offer, it will go straight to firm. I am wanting to study History:smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Thinking of applying although i am unsure if the student life off campus is any good? I'd love to go clubbing/to shops etc but want to know where i can go and about transport? I hear the student union is great though!
Reply 3
I went to the Keele open day last weekend and I really liked it, so it will most likely be my insurance choice. I will be studying Geoscience.

Just a side note, you aren't wrong about the squirrels! I saw 14 in two hours on the open day xD
Hi I've applied for geography with a foundation year! Has anyone else?
Reply 5
Original post by Ronmess0
Thinking of applying although i am unsure if the student life off campus is any good? I'd love to go clubbing/to shops etc but want to know where i can go and about transport? I hear the student union is great though!

From what I saw on the open day it was quite rural although they had a bar, a night club and an events hall for music etc on site. There is a bus stop on the campus that goes to Newcastle Under Lyme and Stoke I think. Most of the students I spoke to there said they just ordered their shopping and other items from the internet anyway...Hope that helps!
Reply 6
I'm thinking of putting Keele down as a safe option, for History. It was between Keele and Chester, but I didn't like the campus or transport around Chester very much, in comparison to Keele anyway. I thought Keele's campus was lovely, and everyone I spoke to was really friendly.
Reply 7
Original post by oswalds
I'm thinking of putting Keele down as a safe option, for History. It was between Keele and Chester, but I didn't like the campus or transport around Chester very much, in comparison to Keele anyway. I thought Keele's campus was lovely, and everyone I spoke to was really friendly.

I completely agree; thought the city at Chester was nice but i didn't like the way the accomodation was set out at all
Reply 8
Does anyone know if Keele do interviews for English?
Thinking about studying at Keele in 2016?

Register for our Undergraduate Virtual Open Day on the 24th November - we'll be online from 2pm until 7pm (GMT) with current students, lecturers and support staff on hand to give you a taste of life at the UK's No.1 University for student satisfaction.

Book now!
http://www.keele.ac.uk/ugvirtualopenday
Original post by Hollie G
Does anyone know if Keele do interviews for English?

Hi @Hollie G,

I've just spoken to the School of English for you - they don't currently do interviews for UG English, and there are no plans to do so next year.

Hope this helps? Let me know if you have any other questions about English or Keele in general!

Alistair
Reply 11
I've applied to Keele for midwifery! Had an acknowledgment email but nothing else yet. The campus is so beautiful, and so many squirrels haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Keele for Geoscience :smile:
Original post by Alexa17
I've applied to Keele for midwifery! Had an acknowledgment email but nothing else yet. The campus is so beautiful, and so many squirrels haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Soooo.. many.. squirrels..

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Keele University
Hi @Hollie G,

I've just spoken to the School of English for you - they don't currently do interviews for UG English, and there are no plans to do so next year.

Hope this helps? Let me know if you have any other questions about English or Keele in general!

Alistair

Thanks, I received an offer on Wednesday! Wooooo :biggrin:

Yes I do have one more question; do you hold any applicant/offer holders days? :smile: Thanks again!
Does anyone know if admissions tutors at keele still aim to make decisions within two weeks of receiving an application? I've applied for the science foundation year leading onto maths
(edited 8 years ago)
I applied last Friday and received an offer today. Hopefully they get back to you within the two week period.
I've just received an offer from Keele to study Biomedical Science! I haven't been able to confirm though whether the modules there are prescriptive or the applicant has free reign over what they get to choose to study after first year? If the applicant gets to select their optional modules, does the university guarantee the applicant will be accredited by the IBMS, regardless of what they choose?
Original post by Marketta
I have been to an open day today and have decided that if i get an offer, it will go straight to firm. I am wanting to study History:smile:

Hi @Marketta,

Glad to hear you've applied to study History with us! How did you find the open day? Any favourite parts?

Let me know if you have any further questions about our History course or just Keele in general!

Adam
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm applying to Keele for Geoscience :smile:

Great to hear it! Were you able to visit Keele campus on one of our Open Days?

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Adam

Quick Reply

Latest