The Student Room Group

Can I do Maths?

Hi all,

I would appreciate some advice with my predicament. I am 22-year-old mature student looking to study on an Access to HE Diploma in Computing. From a young age I have always struggled with Maths, and in 2009 got a D grade in my Maths GCSE. I managed to up this to a C in 2013, after re-taking the exam.

I am now faced with the possibility of studying Maths at A-Level equivalent, as on the course there are the following units:

Algebra and Functions (Maths)
Calculus (Maths)
Data Handling (Maths)
Exponentials, Logarithms, Trigonometry and Series (Maths)
Vectors and Matrices (Maths)

I suppose my main concern is whether or not I would cope with the content and also, whether I would be able to study at this level of Maths. I really need to decide whether to continue with the course now really.
Original post by Bocicowo
Hi all,

I would appreciate some advice with my predicament. I am 22-year-old mature student looking to study on an Access to HE Diploma in Computing. From a young age I have always struggled with Maths, and in 2009 got a D grade in my Maths GCSE. I managed to up this to a C in 2013, after re-taking the exam.

I am now faced with the possibility of studying Maths at A-Level equivalent, as on the course there are the following units:

Algebra and Functions (Maths)
Calculus (Maths)
Data Handling (Maths)
Exponentials, Logarithms, Trigonometry and Series (Maths)
Vectors and Matrices (Maths)

I suppose my main concern is whether or not I would cope with the content and also, whether I would be able to study at this level of Maths. I really need to decide whether to continue with the course now really.

If you really want to do it, then take it. Study harder. FInd new methods of "getting it". Ask friends to explain, ask your professor what you can do additionally to grasp the materials. If there is a will, there is a way :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending