The Student Room Group

Edinburgh vs St Andrews Economics

From what I've gathered via research they're both good unis, I don't care much about rankings because they basically switch between each other on different lists.

Other than the obvious city vs small town difference, is there any other big differences on the economics course (I can't seem to find any when I researched) and ultimately, which one is seen as better for economics?

Thank you☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am thinking of going for bsc econs in st andrews as in edinburgh is only MA. Anyone thinking the same?
Same, however when I looked at the optional modules I can take with MA Economics at Edinburgh, you can still do all the science subjects (maths, 3 sciences, psychology etc.) just like at St Andrews. It seems that the name you put on your CV is the only difference, you could get the same degree with similar content at either I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MeerkatSwag
Same, however when I looked at the optional modules I can take with MA Economics at Edinburgh, you can still do all the science subjects (maths, 3 sciences, psychology etc.) just like at St Andrews. It seems that the name you put on your CV is the only difference, you could get the same degree with similar content at either I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sadly they didnt have the accelerated route for 2nd deferred entry for econs :frown:
I didn't think St. Andrews did that either? I thought they only offered it in the three sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest