The Student Room Group

Swore at Maths teacher, might have to leave Maths course.

In a summary, have no energy after school to do anything. Didn't revise for first Maths assessment. Went into the lesson, saw the paper, couldn't do any of it, teacher got angry at me for not revising, I swore at her, told her that she isn't fit to teach and walked home 20 minutes early. My sixth form tutor wants to see me tomorrow (probably to kick me off the course). Feeling like crap right now.

Scroll to see replies

farewell
You have no option but to go into your meeting tomorrow and listen to what they say. There is no easy way out. Are you AS or A2?
Didn't you rage at her yesterday? :curious: I think you might be the problem?
I don't believe in swallowing your pride; if you're kicked off the course, book yourself in for the exams at a centre and continue your studies as normal.

Teachers are not magical beings who cannot be replaced
(edited 8 years ago)
Depends on how you feel about it now.

You shouldn't have sworn at her, even though she was angry. If you want to stay on the course, I'd apologise tomorrow. If you don't, then you'll just have to get ready for a verbal beating.
Original post by xxVENUSx
In a summary, have no energy after school to do anything. Didn't revise for first Maths assessment. Went into the lesson, saw the paper, couldn't do any of it, teacher got angry at me for not revising, I swore at her, told her that she isn't fit to teach and walked home 20 minutes early. My sixth form tutor wants to see me tomorrow (probably to kick me off the course). Feeling like crap right now.

Seriously would like love to do that to my English Teacher.
Do you even want to do the course?

If a student swore at me and walked out I would want an apology before s/he rejoined the class. If they had also just failed a test because they cba to revise I would question whether they really wanted to be on the course.

If you are threatened with being thrown out and you actually do want to do Maths, then you might ask "what do I need to do to convince you that I will take this course seriously from now?" after you have apologised.
Original post by Rad-Reloaded
I don't believe in swallowing your pride; if you're kicked off the course, book yourself in for the exams at a centre and continue your studies as normal.

Teachers are not magical beings who cannot be replaced

There's a difference between swallowing pride and being a **** in the wrong.

I'd say stick to your guns, and carry on without if the teacher was in the wrong.

But he's the one who swore at them just because they told him to revise. So he should apologise regardless of if he's allowed to rejoin.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

I'd say stick to your guns, and carry on without if the teacher was in the wrong.

But he's the one who swore at them just because they told him to revise. So he should apologise regardless of if he's allowed to rejoin.

Obviously OP should revise for his/her own benefit, but being yelled at for not revising is not acceptable.

Teachers should turn up, teach and unless a student is hurting or inhibiting the learning of another student, shut up.

It's a difficult situation but I'm sure they don't want to withdraw you of the course. What do you want to do at university?
Ooo aren't we hard?

Age old saying goes:
"hard head makes a soft ass."

Meaning...
you think you're tough but you will land on your silly self alone in the end if you don't wise up :h:

And isn't "Venus" a lover?

Just say that...

The original poster probably has a psychological disorder and so for him it's not possible to control his state of mind in such a situation. Also, the original poster stated in another thread that his teacher behaves to students according to what grades they have (this sounds like my chemistry teacher). So in this case I would behave the same as the original poster and there shouldn't be any surprises
(edited 8 years ago)
Just say sorry and study hard for your next maths exam. There is nothing that makes a teacher more happy than when students score high. WORTH A MILLION POUNDS!

I was in a similar situation.

My history teacher gave me permission for remark in history (4 marks off an A) but the stupid bitch of the head of department completely opposed the remark and tried her utmost best in stopping me from the remark. Went to talk to her, she gave me no valid reasons and kept on talking tripe, all I did was walk out half-way through the convo and left the door open as opposed to slamming it (thank god.) Went to a senior-staff member and got the remark through and went from B to A :smile:

Sometimes you just have to control your emotions, you could have just walked out without saying anything and solved the issue.

Best thing you can do now is to write a personal apology to your teacher and give it to her in person (that's if your even able to be on premises after what you've done) and apologize to her. She's probably the only one who can get you out of this mess, can't see the head-master letting you off on this one unless that happens.
Original post by Rad-Reloaded
Obviously OP should revise for his/her own benefit, but being yelled at for not revising is not acceptable.

Teachers should turn up, teach and unless a student is hurting or inhibiting the learning of another student, shut up.

Great to see how much respect you have for them. Without them you'd be nowhere. Yes you can self teach but where do those resources come from? Teachers.

Being told off and yelled are two different things. I doubt the teacher full on screamed at them for it.

Original post by Mehrdad jafari
The original poster probably has a psychological disorder and so for him it's not possible to control his state of mind in such a situation. Also, the original poster stated in another thread that his teacher behaves to students according to what grades they have (this sounds like my chemistry teacher). So in this case I would behave the same as the original poster and there shouldn't be any surprises

That isn't a likely scenario. Being a dick doesn't likely mean you have psychological issues...
Reply 18
So, i read through the comments... Some were nice and supportive, some were.... less than supportive. I'm not a dick for being too mentally exhausted to revise. I'm going to the doctor about it but in the mean time, I've got her tomorrow and I don't want to go. Got to see my sixth form tutor about maths as well which won't go down well...
Great to see how much respect you have for them. Without them you'd be nowhere. Yes you can self teach but where do those resources come from? Teachers.

Being told off and yelled are two different things. I doubt the teacher full on screamed at them for it.

That isn't a likely scenario. Being a dick doesn't likely mean you have psychological issues...

There is a difference between being a teacher and being someone working because you get paid for it. Of course, I'm glad that I didn't expect anything from my teachers and, because I didn't want to be disrespectful, I hardly attended their lessons. But the original poster clearly needs a a teacher who can understand him. He doesn't need me, you or the TSR, but a teacher who should give the student space. In fact, the teacher should understand the student, not the student understand the teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest