The Student Room Group

English language coursework a2

Please could someone give me some advice on writing an introduction and the methodology???? What kind of things do i need to include?
Original post by Haleemahm
Please could someone give me some advice on writing an introduction and the methodology???? What kind of things do i need to include?

talk about why you've chosen the topic you've chosen and try to make it your own. if you have an intriguing opening sentence that's brief but hits home you'll be off to a good start. in your introduction you should also highlight the social issues surrounding your topic and what significance they have to your investigation. finally make a statement about what your assumption is on your chosen investigation.
for the methodology, talk about the type of data you will be collecting eg. written or spoken. then say your method for analysis eg. corpus analysis for written data. mention any ethical issues that may arise. also say how you will measure your chosen aspects of the investigation eg. the frequency of monosyllabic nouns etc..
im doing my coursework too and its literally the most time-consuming thing ever so make sure you start early so you dont stress when the deadline is a week away.
best of luck, hope this was helpful :smile:
can someone paragraph this for me please thanks,
I run. He is after me- only a few steps behind. Who is he?Why is he following me? As I ran the wind swam strongly through my hair pushingit back and blew a bitter chill past the decrepit, dying trees. It danced withthe leaves and dragged them away unwillingly from the autumn ground. The floorwas damp and stagnant with the odour of decomposing wood. Every step I try to conjuredup all my energy to make it as quick as possible. My heart was beatingaggressively and violently into my sternum. I looked up at the amber moon thatstared back at me with vengeance and animosity, even the surroundings are turningagainst me. The forest seems to never end, tall silhouettes consuming thelittle amount of light there was, causing it to transcend into an abyss ofblackness. The further I run, the more fear builds up within me. Lightning strikes,bursting a tree in front of me into a shower of menacing red hot embers. Itcast a glow over the caliginous surroundings, giving them an even more sinisterlook. I wish I had never of come here, but it is too late now. I jolt my neckround to see if he was still following me. He was. Perspiration is starting tobead on my forehead and slowly trickles down my flustered face. It feels as ifI have been running for hours yet it has only been a matter of minutes. Aboveme the low oppressive clouds start rumbling like a stampede of bulls. Theclouds begin to bombard me with icy spears on my exposed warm skin. Hammeringdown, the weeping sky let out other deathly, blue bolt only metres away fromme. Jumping frenetically out of the way I feel overwhelmed with trepidation. Icontinue to move quickly through the forest trudging through the newly made mudtrying to grasp at my feet and halt me. I bravely take another look to see ifhe is following me. There was nothing? I precariously came to a halt as therain continued to drum down on me bouncing off onto the swamped ground. Iturned my head slowly scanning my surroundings. He wasn’t there. Relief notsubduing my feelings of apprehension and consternation, I briskly resumed onhoping to find my way out of the forest. Scraping my feet through the clumpymud I reach a clearing surrounded by large contorted trees, with branches likelong distorted limbs towering around me. There was an old, dilapidated gate,which stood there curiously, waiting to be opened. Approaching it slowly, itwas rusty and whined open like a crying enfant. Enclosed by patinated fencesstood a small wooden cabin. This is a good place for me to hide and regain mybreath. Striding up to the door I stand and examined it. Scratches etched theirway along the bottom half of it and the edges were uneven and cracked. Facing mewith curiosity and eagerly waiting for me to step inside. I grab the door knoband give it a shunt as it cracked open. It is uninhabited and abandoned. I stepinto the tenebrous cabin and lie on the floor trying to regain my strength andbreath. Panting frantically, dense clouds of vapour propel from my lungs andout my mouth. Focusing closely on getting back my breathing the wind starts topick up. The rotting shutters begin to rattle viciously creating echoing aroundthe cabin. The whole wall is beginning to shake, and the shutters fly open a greatvelocity sending icy spikes into me. I stand up to shut them and there he is. Recoilingdramatically I examine him. He has no face.

5��^]Mjm=Q����
Reply 3
Original post by satwatkhalid
talk about why you've chosen the topic you've chosen and try to make it your own. if you have an intriguing opening sentence that's brief but hits home you'll be off to a good start. in your introduction you should also highlight the social issues surrounding your topic and what significance they have to your investigation. finally make a statement about what your assumption is on your chosen investigation.
for the methodology, talk about the type of data you will be collecting eg. written or spoken. then say your method for analysis eg. corpus analysis for written data. mention any ethical issues that may arise. also say how you will measure your chosen aspects of the investigation eg. the frequency of monosyllabic nouns etc..
im doing my coursework too and its literally the most time-consuming thing ever so make sure you start early so you dont stress when the deadline is a week away.
best of luck, hope this was helpful :smile:

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! You have given me so much help, i hope your coursework goes well! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by tomsmith111
can someone paragraph this for me please thanks,
I run. He is after me- only a few steps behind. Who is he?Why is he following me? As I ran the wind swam strongly through my hair pushingit back and blew a bitter chill past the decrepit, dying trees. It danced withthe leaves and dragged them away unwillingly from the autumn ground. The floorwas damp and stagnant with the odour of decomposing wood. Every step I try to conjuredup all my energy to make it as quick as possible. My heart was beatingaggressively and violently into my sternum. I looked up at the amber moon thatstared back at me with vengeance and animosity, even the surroundings are turningagainst me. The forest seems to never end, tall silhouettes consuming thelittle amount of light there was, causing it to transcend into an abyss ofblackness. The further I run, the more fear builds up within me. Lightning strikes,bursting a tree in front of me into a shower of menacing red hot embers. Itcast a glow over the caliginous surroundings, giving them an even more sinisterlook. I wish I had never of come here, but it is too late now. I jolt my neckround to see if he was still following me. He was. Perspiration is starting tobead on my forehead and slowly trickles down my flustered face. It feels as ifI have been running for hours yet it has only been a matter of minutes. Aboveme the low oppressive clouds start rumbling like a stampede of bulls. Theclouds begin to bombard me with icy spears on my exposed warm skin. Hammeringdown, the weeping sky let out other deathly, blue bolt only metres away fromme. Jumping frenetically out of the way I feel overwhelmed with trepidation. Icontinue to move quickly through the forest trudging through the newly made mudtrying to grasp at my feet and halt me. I bravely take another look to see ifhe is following me. There was nothing? I precariously came to a halt as therain continued to drum down on me bouncing off onto the swamped ground. Iturned my head slowly scanning my surroundings. He wasn’t there. Relief notsubduing my feelings of apprehension and consternation, I briskly resumed onhoping to find my way out of the forest. Scraping my feet through the clumpymud I reach a clearing surrounded by large contorted trees, with branches likelong distorted limbs towering around me. There was an old, dilapidated gate,which stood there curiously, waiting to be opened. Approaching it slowly, itwas rusty and whined open like a crying enfant. Enclosed by patinated fencesstood a small wooden cabin. This is a good place for me to hide and regain mybreath. Striding up to the door I stand and examined it. Scratches etched theirway along the bottom half of it and the edges were uneven and cracked. Facing mewith curiosity and eagerly waiting for me to step inside. I grab the door knoband give it a shunt as it cracked open. It is uninhabited and abandoned. I stepinto the tenebrous cabin and lie on the floor trying to regain my strength andbreath. Panting frantically, dense clouds of vapour propel from my lungs andout my mouth. Focusing closely on getting back my breathing the wind starts topick up. The rotting shutters begin to rattle viciously creating echoing aroundthe cabin. The whole wall is beginning to shake, and the shutters fly open a greatvelocity sending icy spikes into me. I stand up to shut them and there he is. Recoilingdramatically I examine him. He has no face.

5��^]Mjm=Q����

I run. He is after me- only a few steps behind. Who is he? Why is he following me? As I ran the wind swam strongly through my hair pushing it back and blew a bitter chill past the decrepit, dying trees. It danced with the leaves and dragged them away unwillingly from the autumn ground.

The floor was damp and stagnant with the odour of decomposing wood. Every step I try to conjured up all my energy to make it as quick as possible. My heart was beating aggressively and violently into my sternum.

I looked up at the amber moon that stared back at me with vengeance and animosity, even the surroundings are turning against me. The forest seems to never end, tall silhouettes consuming the little amount of light there was, causing it to transcend into an abyss of blackness.

The further I run, the more fear builds up within me. Lightning strikes,bursting a tree in front of me into a shower of menacing red hot embers. It cast a glow over the cartilaginous surroundings, giving them an even more sinister look. I wish I had never of come here, but it is too late now.

I jolt my neck round to see if he was still following me. He was. Perspiration is starting to bead on my forehead and slowly trickles down my flustered face. It feels as if I have been running for hours yet it has only been a matter of minutes.

Above me the low oppressive clouds start rumbling like a stampede of bulls. The clouds begin to bombard me with icy spears on my exposed warm skin. Hammering down, the weeping sky let out other deathly, blue bolt only metres away from me.

Jumping frenetically out of the way I feel overwhelmed with trepidation. I continue to move quickly through the forest trudging through the newly made mud trying to grasp at my feet and halt me. I bravely take another look to see if he is following me.
There was nothing?

I precariously came to a halt as the rain continued to drum down on me bouncing off onto the swamped ground. I turned my head slowly scanning my surroundings.
He wasn’t there.

Relief not subduing my feelings of apprehension and consternation, I briskly resumed on hoping to find my way out of the forest.

Scraping my feet through the clumpy mud I reach a clearing surrounded by large contorted trees, with branches lifelong distorted limbs towering around me.

There was an old, dilapidated gate,which stood there curiously, waiting to be opened. Approaching it slowly, it was rusty and whined open like a crying infant. Enclosed by patinated fences stood a small wooden cabin.

This is a good place for me to hide and regain my breath. Striding up to the door I stand and examined it. Scratches etched their way along the bottom half of it and the edges were uneven and cracked.

Facing me with curiosity and eagerly waiting for me to step inside. I grab the door knob and give it a shunt as it cracked open. It is uninhabited and abandoned.

I step into the tenuousness cabin and lie on the floor trying to regain my strength and breath. Panting frantically, dense clouds of vapour propel from my lungs and out my mouth. Focusing closely on getting back my breathing the wind starts to pick up.

The rotting shutters begin to rattle viciously creating echoing around the cabin. The whole wall is beginning to shake, and the shutters fly open a great velocity sending icy spikes into me. I stand up to shut them and there he is.
Recoiling dramatically I examine him.
He has no face.
Reply 5
I had this problem a week or so ago; thought I was doomed and literally wanted to cry.

BUT THEN I TOOK TO GOOGLE AND CAME ACROSS THIS BEAUTY
http://www.heckgrammar.co.uk/online/students/curriculum/departments/english/english-language/a2-coursework/

I genuinely have no idea what school this is, but clearly they have a guardian angel there. I'm currently using this as a print-out to help with my own coursework and I've found it more detailed than anything we've been given in class.

I hope yours goes well!:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by lamosley
I had this problem a week or so ago; thought I was doomed and literally wanted to cry.

BUT THEN I TOOK TO GOOGLE AND CAME ACROSS THIS BEAUTY
http://www.heckgrammar.co.uk/online/students/curriculum/departments/english/english-language/a2-coursework/

I genuinely have no idea what school this is, but clearly they have a guardian angel there. I'm currently using this as a print-out to help with my own coursework and I've found it more detailed than anything we've been given in class.

I hope yours goes well!:biggrin:

OMG THANK YOU SOOOO MCUH, YOU HAVE SAVED MY LIFE!!!
And thank you :smile:
I hope yours goes well too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending