The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by (Anoymas)

Ok, if I Made this website, but yeah, I HATE MOSQUE I DON'T WANNA GO Mosuqee
Original post by Tootles
Forcing you? What, physically dragging you...?
Ok im fine
So true, I’m a gay Muslim boy and my parents tell me to go to the mosque when I don’t even want to, when I reach 20 i am converting😂😂 like when are we goin to need Islam when we’re older?? How are Surahs going to help us?
There is no compulsion in Islam. This Sura is just after Ayat ul Kursi.
I am Bi, I have had Gay sex but did not enjoy it as it was so painful. But I can have non penetration gay sex.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Salam / Hi

First of all I am NOT an ex-Muslim. I am a Muslim. I pray 5 times a day or read the Quran. So I am not an atheist or anything.

However, I have so many problems in life. My parents wont understand. I really need help in explaining my parents that I am GAY. ( I am a male by btw). I dont want to to mosque. I hate the people there. Some of them think that people are gay because they had sex with animals.

Secondly I have a sense of inferiority in me because of my sexual orientation. On every Friday the Imam gives a lecture about how men need to lower the gaze and that Islam has built a beautiful barrier etc. However I can not relate. I really want to distance myself from the mosque and community and live a celibate life where there is only me and Allah and no Imam or scholar.

I dont need to go to Friday prayer due to school, however I there are classes each Tuesday in my mosque in the evening with fellow boys. And they teach us about Islam etc. But because they are only boys they often talk about things we should not do.

I feel so lonely and depressed. I really wanna run away from my problems.

I am angry at Allah, my parents, myself, the community.

I dont know how to tell my parents. They will probably hate me.

Pls advice !!!!

Firstly, it depends if you want to be gay as there is a difference embracing those feelings and having those feelings and don’t embrace them.

Secondly, there might be an underlying reason you have those feeling, maybe due sexual abuse or the alike.

Thirdly, I believe Muslims need to be more understanding of feelings our brothers and sisters within the ummah can have for each other as we should care for each other than having someone else of another belief try to help.

If you ever go to Hyde Park in London on a Sunday, there is this convert called Paul Williams who has homosexual feelings and I believe you would benefit from him a lot or you could watch his videos on YouTube.

I hope it helps.
I feel like I'm in the same boat.
I'm a Muslim teenager and I'm a lesbian I honestly do not have no attraction to the opposite sex.i can't tell my parents.
When I hint at my mom she tells me not to be stupid.
My siblings often call me name's in regards to the way I act.
I can never leave my religion and I've heard you have to either choose one of another you can't be Muslim and gay.
I've decided to abandon my feelings just go with the flow and see what happens.
Because I can't hurt my parents so I'm just going to have to hide my sexuality even though I SO wish I could just be open and express my self but I can't.
The muslims that I've seen on YouTube that have have gone against Islam and I can never do that because for me my religion me and anything so I'm just going to hide my feelings and let Allah decide what is best for me.
This post is written by someone to obviously tarnish Islam. For a school kid you’re English is upset perfect so please stop trying to tarnish Islam and make other people think being gay in Islam is ok when it’s not
Original post by AngelFelix
This post is written by someone to obviously tarnish Islam. For a school kid you’re English is upset perfect so please stop trying to tarnish Islam and make other people think being gay in Islam is ok when it’s not

you're disgusting

you ought to learn to live in the real world honey

any god will want happiness over fake.
Original post by Unforgetting
you're disgusting

you ought to learn to live in the real world honey

any god will want happiness over fake.

How about stick your head in the toilet
Reply 149

Irrelevant. Islam is a man made, fake fairy tale.
Reply 150
Islam does not need anyone else to tarnish it. Allah and Muhammad (through the Quran and sunnah) do a perfectly good job all by themselves.

(You do realise that you basically said "stop trying to tarnish Islam by telling people it is tolerant and reasonable, when it's not" )
I agree I don’t know why you keep saying I need God’s help I need gods help when the god u believe in and the religion you are believing in doesn’t condemn gay people, they accept gay people in other religions (depending on the person rlly) but not in the religion, it’s either religion or sexuality? You wanted a honest answer and advice from a regular plain human being who just reads threads there u go , if u wanna be free to be gay don’t be religious if you wanna be religious don’t be gay simple in this day and age, I mean be grateful imagine u was living in the 1700s (just think about ur situation) , this is ur test in ur temporary life now deal with it 🤷*♀️ N this will be anonymous bcoz these threads r controversial
Salam / Hi

First of all I am NOT an ex-Muslim. I am a Muslim. I pray 5 times a day or read the Quran. So I am not an atheist or anything.

However, I have so many problems in life. My parents wont understand. I really need help in explaining my parents that I am GAY. ( I am a male by btw). I dont want to to mosque. I hate the people there. Some of them think that people are gay because they had sex with animals.

Secondly I have a sense of inferiority in me because of my sexual orientation. On every Friday the Imam gives a lecture about how men need to lower the gaze and that Islam has built a beautiful barrier etc. However I can not relate. I really want to distance myself from the mosque and community and live a celibate life where there is only me and Allah and no Imam or scholar.

I dont need to go to Friday prayer due to school, however I there are classes each Tuesday in my mosque in the evening with fellow boys. And they teach us about Islam etc. But because they are only boys they often talk about things we should not do.

I dont know how to tell my parents. They

Original post by Evangelion
You should change that and move away to live a free life away from your backwards community that believe that rubbish you just outlined. Problem solved.
I agree I don’t know why you keep saying I need God’s help I need gods help when the god u believe in and the religion you are believing in doesn’t condemn gay people, they accept gay people in other religions (depending on the person rlly) but not in the religion, it’s either religion or sexuality? You wanted a honest answer and advice from a regular plain human being who just reads threads there u go , if u wanna be free to be gay don’t be religious if you wanna be religious don’t be gay simple in this day and age, I mean be grateful imagine u was living in the 1700s (just think about ur situation) , this is ur test in ur temporary life now deal with it 🤷*♀️ N this will be anonymous bcoz these threads r controversial

Can't you see that this thread is 3 years old
Salam / Hi

I dont know how to tell my parents. They will probably hate me.

Pls advice !!!!

AHAHAHAH MAN GOES HE HATES MOSQUE THEN GOES LOVES GOD 😂😂😂 what juxtaposition and stupidity, you try to look for love and help with god with ur situation and ur hating on gods home and a place where god wants you to feel safe and look for guidance in ahaha this gives me most jokeeeeee
Why should this matter? There is probably someone in this world having this problem and if u can see it’s 3 years old why are u scrolling through and commenting on my comment go find one that is 1 minute old if it bothers you so
Original post by TS33
Can't you see that this thread is 3 years old
Why should this matter? There is probably someone in this world having this problem and if u can see it’s 3 years old why are u scrolling through and commenting on my comment go find one that is 1 minute old if it bothers you so

It matters because you have violated the TSR rules.
I don’t get what that means if I have done something to upset you tell me I can see you have lots of badges etc and I’m only someone who was looking through threads n reading opinions 🤷*♀️ Tbh I didn’t see how old it was
Original post by TS33
It matters because you have violated the TSR rules. Would you like me to report you?
I don’t get what that means if I have done something to upset you tell me I can see you have lots of badges etc and I’m only someone who was looking through threads n reading opinions 🤷*♀️ Tbh I didn’t see how old it was

Nah I just like trolling people sometimes. :colonhash:

Don't worry about it but try not to revive old threads as some people get very fussy and you don't wanna get carded. If you want to give opinions then make a new thread :smile:
Another has replied I’m sure they receive the same reply?
Original post by TS33
It matters because you have violated the TSR rules. Would you like me to report you?
Na mosque sucks even for us straight people. Full of wannabe roadmen who try to steal your shoes. Dw tho I don't think being gay is haram only performing homosexual acts are.

Latest

Trending

Trending