The Student Room Group

Parents are forcing me to go to mosque! I hate the mosque !

Salam / Hi

First of all I am NOT an ex-Muslim. I am a Muslim. I pray 5 times a day or read the Quran. So I am not an atheist or anything.

However, I have so many problems in life. My parents wont understand. I really need help in explaining my parents that I am GAY. ( I am a male by btw). I dont want to to mosque. I hate the people there. Some of them think that people are gay because they had sex with animals.

Secondly I have a sense of inferiority in me because of my sexual orientation. On every Friday the Imam gives a lecture about how men need to lower the gaze and that Islam has built a beautiful barrier etc. However I can not relate. I really want to distance myself from the mosque and community and live a celibate life where there is only me and Allah and no Imam or scholar.

I dont need to go to Friday prayer due to school, however I there are classes each Tuesday in my mosque in the evening with fellow boys. And they teach us about Islam etc. But because they are only boys they often talk about things we should not do.

I feel so lonely and depressed. I really wanna run away from my problems.

I am angry at Allah, my parents, myself, the community.

I dont know how to tell my parents. They will probably hate me.

Pls advice !!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Salam / Hi

First of all I am NOT an ex-Muslim. I am a Muslim. I pray 5 times a day or read the Quran. So I am not an atheist or anything.

However, I have so many problems in life. My parents wont understand. I really need help in explaining my parents that I am GAY. ( I am a male by btw). I dont want to to mosque. I hate the people there. Some of them think that people are gay because they had sex with animals.

Pls advice !!!!

Pardon? :lol: Absurd logic.
Original post by quentinhamilton
Pardon? :lol: Absurd logic.

Say that to my mother who thinks I get a bad cold due to spending too much time on electronics.
Say that to my mother who thinks I get a bad cold due to spending too much time on electronics.

Its ok dude my grandma thinks the same thing
Salam / Hi

Secondly I have a sense of inferiority in me because of my sexual orientation. On every Friday the Imam gives a lecture about how men need to lower the gaze and that Islam has built a beautiful barrier etc. However I can not relate. I really want to distance myself from the mosque and community and live a celibate life where there is only me and Allah and no Imam or scholar.

I dont need to go to Friday prayer due to school, however I there are classes each Tuesday in my mosque in the evening with fellow boys. And they teach us about Islam etc. But because they are only boys they often talk about things we should not do.

I feel so lonely and depressed. I really wanna run away from my problems.

I am angry at Allah, my parents, myself, the community.

I dont know how to tell my parents. They will probably hate me.

Pls advice !!!!

Ask Allah? But I don't know really how to help brother. Maybe try to convince your parents, as you're basically going to pray at home anyway, so there would be no need to go to the mosque. They're probably convincing you to go as you get x27 more blessing.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Its ok dude my grandma thinks the same thing

Same.
Reply 6
Hey

I dont know how strict your parents are, so it is really difficult for me to tell you whether you should come out the closet or not. However, what I can tell you is to remain patient. I have been in your shoes, I also felt a sense of hate and inferiority in myself, and I still have it. However, I have moved from home/parents for university and I dont keep contact with the community, I an very happy. My depression has gone away,
What I would advise you is to remain strong, and wait till your university starts and you can become independent.
I feel sorry for your parents. That would be my worst nightmare. Insha'allah i wont have to face the same.
Reply 8
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Ask Allah? But I don't know really how to help brother. Maybe try to convince your parents, as you're basically going to pray at home anyway, so there would be no need to go to the mosque. They're probably convincing you to go as you get x27 more blessing.

Of course I have tried to say no. They then ask why, and I can tell them why or they might disown me for something I was born with.

Secondly I think if I dont go mosque or attend Friday prayer, I feel Allah will understand my situation and therefore will NOT punish me
Reply 9
Original post by Syrianprince
I feel sorry for your parents. That would be my worst nightmare. Insha'allah i wont have to face the same.

You feel sad for my parents? WHY?
Original post by quentinhamilton
Same.

You get me ahh..

Now reply to me PM

Hate to break it to you but gay people are human too

It's a shame you think that way.

First of all I am NOT an ex-Muslim.

You should change that and move away to live a free life away from your backwards community that believe that rubbish you just outlined. Problem solved.
Original post by eoe
Hey

I dont know how strict your parents are, so it is really difficult for me to tell you whether you should come out the closet or not. However, what I can tell you is to remain patient. I have been in your shoes, I also felt a sense of hate and inferiority in myself, and I still have it. However, I have moved from home/parents for university and I dont keep contact with the community, I an very happy. My depression has gone away,
What I would advise you is to remain strong, and wait till your university starts and you can become independent.

Thanks for the genuine reply
I am also planning to take your route, I am definitely want to move out as soon as possible.
Original post by Evangelion
You should change that and move away to live a free life away from your backwards community that believe that rubbish you just outlined. Problem solved.

No
No

Well enjoy your life of fear feeling like you ain't good enough/are a disgrace then. Doesn't have to be that way.
Original post by Evangelion
Well enjoy your life of fear feeling like you ain't good enough/are a disgrace then.

I am still a Muslim.
Original post by angryjobseeker
Sounds like you need a change of religion bud, at the moment you are a member of one of the least tolerant in the world, sod what your parents think and do your own thing. You could end up beaten or worse if word gets out about your orientation.

Most religions don't allow homosexual behaviour so change of religion will not solve anything.
It's not Islam that's the problem it's his parents.
Original post by Farah_786
Most religions don't allow homosexual behaviour so change of religion will not solve anything.
It's not Islam that's the problem it's his parents.

So it's not just Islam but religion full stop that is the problem...

Latest

Trending

Trending