Bye

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelcake123
Lol you make no sense

Bye

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what we've been telling u all along in this thread

bye
Beyond the obvious statement that abortion is not murder because it is legal, and murder is not, I would say that because the foetus is dependent upon another human being for all of its needs, it is not an independent living thing.

Otherwise we'd all consider ourselves 9 months older than we are.
I see your point, but just because the foetus isn't breathing, that doesnt mean its dead. It has the potential to breathe, the potential to have a life. To prevent this would be murder because it is killing their potential life.

Yes but if they were put to sleep, they would be breathing, but feel no pain. They would have a functioning heart, but still no pain. They could survive outside the womb, but still no pain. The argument people use for abortion is that it is 'just' to kill 'it' because 'it' wont feel pain. The disabled human similarly wouldn't feel pain in that instance so using that logic, killing them would be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not breathing though, so it's not alive or living. It just has the potential. you cannot kill something that is not alive. You cannot end the life of something that had no life to begin with.

Your argument is not valid and why do you keep talking about disabled people? Disabled people are still human..

'Yes but if they were put to sleep, they would be breathing, but feel no pain.' No they wouldn't. If you put someone to sleep, as in kill them, how could they be breathing? -_-
Obviously, anything that is dead feels no pain. Dead things don't feel anything.

'They would have a functioning heart, but still no pain. They could survive outside the womb, but still no pain' no? If you kill someone, they no longer have a functioning heart and have lost the ability to survive in the outside world so what is your point?
Original post by cherryred90s
A newborn survives outside the womb. A newborn has a beating heart and formed organs.

There are medical academics at Oxford that say post birth abortions are morally fine and no different than normal abortions.😱
I'll see if I can find the link.
If you Google post birth abortions it should be on there.
Original post by cherryred90s
It's not breathing though, so it's not alive or living. It just has the potential. you cannot kill something that is not alive. You cannot end the life of something that had no life to begin with.

Your argument is not valid and why do you keep talking about disabled people? Disabled people are still human..

'Yes but if they were put to sleep, they would be breathing, but feel no pain.' No they wouldn't. If you put someone to sleep, as in kill them, how could they be breathing? -_-
Obviously, anything that is dead feels no pain. Dead things don't feel anything.

'They would have a functioning heart, but still no pain. They could survive outside the womb, but still no pain' no? If you kill someone, they no longer have a functioning heart and have lost the ability to survive in the outside world so what is your point?

I think you misunderstood my point. I was talking about if they were put to sleep and about to die but nvm

My point is that just because something isn't developed, that doesnt mean that it is okay to kill it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheila Cassidy
When a woman is pregnant, She'll tell family and friends, I'm having a baby, ( Not a bunch of cells).
If a woman miscarries, She'll say I lost my baby, Not a bunch of cells.
Life begins at Conception. End of.
If we carried out abortions on animals, Animal welfare charities would be crying, How inhumane and cruel it is. Seems like we are less than animals now.
Abortion is Murder.

Abortions are often carried out on animals such as dogs that have gotten pregnant accidentally to prevent an increase in the number of dogs that are likely to be left stranded on the street or drowned as puppies. Animal welfare charities would prefer less dogs than cruelty to unwanted dogs that came about accidentally. The same thing with human babies.

It's a woman's choice whether she wants a baby, do you think women should be forced to keep a baby that came about as a result of rape? Would a woman really want a rapists baby inside her? If she couldn't have an abortion do you not think that she'd go about it some other dangerous way which could seriously harm her own self too?
Reply 89
Original post by bassbabe
Nothing murderous about removing a bunch of cells.

This is a fetus at 3 months

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by liquity
do you think women should be forced to keep a baby that came about as a result of rape? Would a woman really want a rapists baby inside her? If she couldn't have an abortion do you not think that she'd go about it some other dangerous way which could seriously harm her own self too?

This is so rare its not even worth mentioning. How many women in the UK have actually gotten pregnant from rape? Its an extremely small number and devious to equate all abortions to to rape babies
Original post by Cataldo
This is so rare its not even worth mentioning. How many women in the UK have actually gotten pregnant from rape? Its an extremely small number and devious to equate all abortions to to rape babies

I'm not equating all abortions to rape babies, but it happens. In the USA it is much more common than here. And you have no idea how many women have gotten pregnant from rape because I'm sure they don't go shouting about it.

You also avoided my question, nicely done, but I'm not letting it slip. Do you really think it's okay for a woman who did not choose to have sex with someone to have to keep the baby that resulted from it because 'abortion is murder'? Cells die in your body every day as a result of things you do, this really is no different.
Original post by demx9
This is a fetus at 3 months

Don't really care what it looks like tbh, if someone want an abortion then it's still their choice.
Reply 93
Original post by liquity
You also avoided my question, nicely done, but I'm not letting it slip. Do you really think it's okay for a woman who did not choose to have sex with someone to have to keep the baby that resulted from it because 'abortion is murder'? Cells die in your body every day as a result of things you do, this really is no different.

Hmmm, personally I don't think its fair to kill a baby because of what it's father did, but I can understand why a mother would want to kill it
I think you misunderstood my point. I was talking about if they were put to sleep and about to die but nvm

My point is that just because something isn't developed, that doesnt mean that it is okay to kill it

Posted from TSR Mobile

My point is that if it doesn't breathe, it's not alive & you can't kill something that is not alive
Original post by Cataldo
Hmmm, personally I don't think its fair to kill a baby because of what it's father did, but I can understand why a mother would want to kill it

Seriously?

In case you didn't know abortion has a cut off point. After 24 weeks you cannot have an abortion for various reasons. I suggest you read this http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Abortion/Pages/Introduction.aspx and look at other reasons someone might be looking to have an abortion. If a rape victim has a fertilised egg inside her that has no nerve endings, no heartbeat, no arms or legs, it is nothing less than your skin cells dying and falling off. Sometimes they die naturally in the womb, sometimes as a result of something the mother has done. If a mother has not looked after self and it has resulted in a miscarriage, does that mean that she 'murdered' her baby?

Please think about if you were in a situation where you accidentally became pregnant at the age you are now. Your parents would go insane if you continued with the pregnancy, you don't have the money to look after the baby, the father wouldn't be around to help you, etc. Would you really be like 'oops looks like I'm going to have to keep it so I don't 'murder' a couple of cells!'
Reply 96
Original post by bassbabe
Don't really care what it looks like tbh, if someone want an abortion then it's still their choice.

So what limit of time would you put to allow the abortion ?
Reply 97
Original post by liquity
Seriously?

In case you didn't know abortion has a cut off point. After 24 weeks you cannot have an abortion for various reasons. I suggest you read this http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Abortion/Pages/Introduction.aspx and look at other reasons someone might be looking to have an abortion. If a rape victim has a fertilised egg inside her that has no nerve endings, no heartbeat, no arms or legs, it is nothing less than your skin cells dying and falling off. Sometimes they die naturally in the womb, sometimes as a result of something the mother has done. If a mother has not looked after self and it has resulted in a miscarriage, does that mean that she 'murdered' her baby?

Please think about if you were in a situation where you accidentally became pregnant at the age you are now. Your parents would go insane if you continued with the pregnancy, you don't have the money to look after the baby, the father wouldn't be around to help you, etc. Would you really be like 'oops looks like I'm going to have to keep it so I don't 'murder' a couple of cells!'

its funny watching a woman try to dehumanise a baby growing inside of her to make it acceptable to kill it
Original post by Cataldo

Didn't know you could kill things that weren't alive in the first place.
Reply 99
Original post by Anonymous
i'm not pro life or pro abortion

i wanna hear your say on this

what is the difference between aborting a child at 3 weeks and killing them at 3 years?

*grabs popcorn*

No, abortion is not murder. But, the whole debate on whether it is murder or not is a debate about terminology and definitions.

Is abortion wrong? No. The foetus is neither rational nor self-aware, and thus has no interest in continuing to live. As a result, the preference of the mother to have the abortion axiomatically takes precedence. I'm perfectly willing to accept, if scientists could agree on it, that human life begins at conception. But the fact that a being is human, and alive, does not in itself tell us whether killing it is wrong.

Newborn babies are also not self-aware, and have no desire to continue to live. So, killing them can be morally permissible in some circumstances. But, by the age of three, there's no way that killing is permissible.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending