The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Adult Nursing 2016

Anyone else applying for adult nursing at Staffordshire University at Shrewsbury Campus in September next year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am, how are you getting on with your application?
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
I've alReady sent off My application, just waiting for a reply. Getting impatient lol. How are you getting on?
Original post by Jworrall
I am, how are you getting on with your application?

Great to hear you're thinking about Staffs :h: I'm the official rep for the uni on TSR so if you've got anything you need to know about applying let me know and I'll be able to help out.

Have you booked an open day yet? :h: How is everything coming along with your application?
Hey! i am nearly finished my personal statment then i am ready to send my ucas off! i am so stuf tho because i have applied for staff univeristy and there is two campus for nursing. i am from northern ireland and i am not sure what campus to apply for. i have emialed the uni but they hvae said its personal pereference.
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME
where do i pick or what is the difference?!!!
Thanks x
Reply 5
Original post by mharding1994
Hey! i am nearly finished my personal statment then i am ready to send my ucas off! i am so stuf tho because i have applied for staff univeristy and there is two campus for nursing. i am from northern ireland and i am not sure what campus to apply for. i have emialed the uni but they hvae said its personal pereference.
Thanks x

Stoke, you want the Stoke campus. Reason being is the Stoke campus is much better than the Stafford one, and besides, the Stafford campus is being moved to Stoke in the next one or two years anyway.
Thanks x

Heya,

Exciting to hear you're applying to Staffs. :smile: Thought I'd give you some more clarification about the locations. Nursing and Midwifery, Paramedic Science and ODP are all based in either our Stafford campus or at Shrewsbury. They'll being staying in those locations, although other courses will be moving to the Stoke campus.

The main difference between the two is that Stafford is more like a university campus with nearby private accommodation, and Shrewsbury is based on the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital site with private accommodation in the area. It really is up to personal preference.

Have you visited the university to have a look at your options at all?

Katie :h:
Reply 7
I have an interview on 2nd November. So excited
Original post by Staffordshire University
Heya,

Exciting to hear you're applying to Staffs. :smile: Thought I'd give you some more clarification about the locations. Nursing and Midwifery, Paramedic Science and ODP are all based in either our Stafford campus or at Shrewsbury. They'll being staying in those locations, although other courses will be moving to the Stoke campus.

The main difference between the two is that Stafford is more like a university campus with nearby private accommodation, and Shrewsbury is based on the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital site with private accommodation in the area. It really is up to personal preference.

Have you visited the university to have a look at your options at all?

Katie :h:

Hey, thanks for replying, no I cant get over to all the unis I have applied for! Okay so is staff got better night life shops etc? or is it better for nurses to stay near hosp? ekkkk so hard!
many thanks
Original post by Sophie1992
For what start date?
Original post by McFish
Stoke, you want the Stoke campus. Reason being is the Stoke campus is much better than the Stafford one, and besides, the Stafford campus is being moved to Stoke in the next one or two years anyway.

Is that the hosp one? Its only giving me staffs and the one at the hosp
Reply 11
For what start date?

September 2016
Hey, thanks for replying, no I cant get over to all the unis I have applied for! Okay so is staff got better night life shops etc? or is it better for nurses to stay near hosp? ekkkk so hard!
many thanks

I think it's really down to your personal preference :smile: Do you think you'd rather live in an environment that's a bit more like a uni campus? If so then I would go for Stafford.

Is that the hosp one? Its only giving me staffs and the one at the hosp

There aren't any nursing courses at our Stoke campus, which is why you aren't seeing that option. :h:
September 2016

so sooon!!! when did you have your UCAS in?
Original post by Staffordshire University
I think it's really down to your personal preference :smile: Do you think you'd rather live in an environment that's a bit more like a uni campus? If so then I would go for Stafford.

There aren't any nursing courses at our Stoke campus, which is why you aren't seeing that option. :h:

ah thank you! I replied to the wrong post. hmmm decisions, not sure what I want what is staff like as a place? maybe just go with staff :biggrin:
Thanks for your help
Reply 15
so sooon!!! when did you have your UCAS in?

I Sent mine off mid September
I Sent mine off mid September

How was the interview? I've got an interview on 3 December and I'm so nervous about it as not sure what to expect. Have you heard yet if you have been offered a place? X

Have you heard if you have been offered a place yet, wondering how long it is after the interview before they notify you x
Reply 18
Hi. I am also applying to staff. How did you get on in your interview? Was there an assessment?
Reply 19
Anyone else applying for adult nursing at Staffordshire University at Shrewsbury Campus in September next year?

I have applied but i am anxiously waiting for a response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending