The Student Room Group

Russia 'carries out Syria strikes'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustFmySupFam
arab woman are hot, wanna be my girlfriend?

I'm afraid i can't,sorry
Original post by queen-bee
i'm afraid i can't,sorry

refugees out
refugees out

excuse me?
excuse me?

You broke my heart, you will pay for this
You broke my heart, you will pay for this

there are plenty of other prettier girls than i out there,don't fret
Original post by Foo.mp3
Then how about showing a little more sense and being more critical of interventions that make matters worse for the people of Syria e.g. indiscriminate bombing

that's uncalled for . I am critical of western intervention more so than russian. Who repped you,i wonder.
Reply 46
that's uncalled for . I am critical of western intervention more so than russian. Who repped you,i wonder.

Recent history suggests Syria will be far worse off under Russian intervention than western. The Russians don't tend to play as nicely as the Americans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Recent history suggests Syria will be far worse off under Russian intervention than western. The Russians don't tend to play as nicely as the Americans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Americans don't intervene, they just bomb and invade
Reply 48
Original post by Aj12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure. American intervention went really well for the Iraqis.
Reply 49
Original post by Howard
Sure. American intervention went really well for the Iraqis.

Exactly. Now imagine a nation doing that but without even pretending to care about human rights or democracy.
Reply 50
Original post by Aj12
Exactly. Now imagine a nation doing that but without even pretending to care about human rights or democracy.

Democracy is an unknown in these countries. When was Iraq ever democratic?
Original post by Aj12

muh buzzwords
Original post by Gears265
Two factions including the FSA have already come out saying The Russians have bombed them and civilians. Many Syrians have said Assad and his regime would torture them, kill their family members and impose a police state on them. Russia is crippling the chances of a transisition government, do all you support this?

Also forgot to add that we are helping Saudi. Maybe we should fight ourselves? :confused:
Original post by Aj12
Oh when the West supports dictators it is some grave moral crime, but when the Russians do it is it acting decisive or Putin being powerful.

Because west supports so-called "dictators" to satisfy its imperialistic ambitions, while Russia support democratically elected president to secure its national interest..
Original post by Aj12
As I said I supported doing more when the conflict began. At this point I don't think much will work with regards to Syria.

Going back to my original point the widespread support on this forum for Russian action is pretty bizarre. Putin is being applauded as if what he is doing is any different from western policy these past few years. What I want to know is why is Western support of dictatorships or interventions wrong, yet when a country that is currently fighting a proxy civil war that has led to the shooting down of airliners does the same it is now a good thing?

Can you tell me who is buying ISIS oil??? NO MEDIA IN THE WEST EVEN TRIED TO INVESTIGATE THIS, WHY? USA ALLIES BUYS THEM

NO REBELS IN SYRIA, rebels turned to ISIS and it is now Terrorists against Assad
Original post by BRICS > DOLLAR
Because west supports so-called "dictators" to satisfy its imperialistic ambitions, while Russia support democratically elected president to secure its national interest..

Assad is not democratically elected. He came to power by taking over from his father, and the 2014 election was a complete sham (media control and censorship, government approved candidates, the candidates all basically said that Assad is great and to vote for him instead, etc).
Can you tell me who is buying ISIS oil??? NO MEDIA IN THE WEST EVEN TRIED TO INVESTIGATE THIS, WHY? USA ALLIES BUYS THEM

NO REBELS IN SYRIA, rebels turned to ISIS and it is now Terrorists against Assad

Your second paragraph is nonsense. There are lots of rebel groups in Syria who are not ISIS, and who actually fight against ISIS. Moderate rebels have little influence, but the situation is many times more complicated than you seem to think judging by your posts.
With Russia involved I think this whole ISIS regime will be swiftly ended , nobody can stand up to the Russians.
Reply 58

Yes because clearly no one has investigated that at all.
Original post by Aj12
Yes because clearly no one has investigated that at all.

Oh wow your source of information is mainstream media, well an intelligent and sane people would not debate with you as media do not tell where they get such an information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending