The Student Room Group

KFC Worries

Hi guys,

This might sound silly but I have a job interview for KFC later today and I am so nervous. I was hoping maybe someone could tell me what to expect at this interview so I wouldn't feel as nervous.

I got the job guys! I am so happy. If any of you want to know about my experiences let me know :smile:
I have an interview for KFC next week, I've just turned 17 and am applying for part-time work.

Could I please ask what questions they asked you in the one to one interview?

Thanks for your help
Original post by ThomsonM98
I have an interview for KFC next week, I've just turned 17 and am applying for part-time work.

Could I please ask what questions they asked you in the one to one interview?

Thanks for your help

I didn't have a one to one interview, just a group assessment, so that might be what you have got. I was the youngest there being 16.
In the group assessment there should have been 20 of us but only 7 turned up on time and one turned up late, so 8 of us all together. The first assessment consisted of the two groups of 4 making our dream KFC building using cups, and straws and cellotape. We had 15 minutes to do this activity, once the 15 mins was up we had to talk about our dream KFC building as a team. With this assessment I suggest talking to your peers throughout so you get a good enough backstory as the manager could ask anything for example my group got asked how much it would cost for it for the building to be built.
The final assessment was where each group got given a magazine and they had to use magazine cutouts to create a brand new product which could be anything and the task was then to "sell" the product to the manager. My tip for this would be to make sure you go over everything as a group because anyone out of the group could be asked anything.
After this the managers went away and had a chat, then started calling people over one by one. That is when they were asking questions to those who they wasn't sure about. The 3 of us who were last to be spoken to all got the job. However 2 of us in the end got the job as the other girl was from Greece, she didn't have a UK bank account or a work visa, so make sure all that's sorted beforehand.
Throughout the experience you must be very talkative to the other applicants and have lots of input to ideas so that the mangers notice you, as that's just what I did and I got the job! :smile:

Hope this has helped in some way, feel free to ask anymore questions. If not good luck for your interview assessment thing. Let me know how it goes.
Thanks for your help and insight into the interview process.

Do you have any tips for the particular group activities/exercises, as in how to successfully carry out the tasks not things like being fully involved, communicating well etc.
Reply 5
Original post by GreenJessica99
I got the job guys! I am so happy. If any of you want to know about my experiences let me know :smile:

Grats mate
Original post by jonathan14
Thanks for your help and insight into the interview process.

Do you have any tips for the particular group activities/exercises, as in how to successfully carry out the tasks not things like being fully involved, communicating well etc.

Other than cooperating with everyone I don't know because it's all about creativity and cooperation it doesn't matter what idea you go with as long as it fits the criteria
Other than cooperating with everyone I don't know because it's all about creativity and cooperation it doesn't matter what idea you go with as long as it fits the criteria

Thanks again,

Did you take anything with you to your group assessment/interview?
Reply 8
So be positive and you will probably get in. There is probably an interesting managerial challenge to get the staff and materials to serve this boke. But realistically working in a dated sweaty and mind numbing environment is unlikely to be anyone's dream vocation..
Thanks again,

Did you take anything with you to your group assessment/interview?

I'd take all your certificates in case they want to see them. I took mine just in case. Better to be prepared than unprepared.
Original post by Zarek
So be positive and you will probably get in. There is probably an interesting managerial challenge to get the staff and materials to serve this boke. But realistically working in a dated sweaty and mind numbing environment is unlikely to be anyone's dream vocation..

I'm only doing it because I need the money

Thanks again for all your help and advice it really is appreciated! I got the job! I had to complete similar tasks to yourself but we all got a short one to one interview at the end as well.

I've to go into the store after school on Thursday with my passport, national insurance number and bank details. Do you have any idea how soon after that I will begin training and then start?
Thanks again for all your help and advice it really is appreciated! I got the job! I had to complete similar tasks to yourself but we all got a short one to one interview at the end as well.

I've to go into the store after school on Thursday with my passport, national insurance number and bank details. Do you have any idea how soon after that I will begin training and then start?

I'm glad I was able to help, I'm just curious about what questions did they ask you? I have got to go in store tomorrow morning with all my documents and to order uniform, sign contract etc. My friend works at the same store as myself and she's been there 3 months, she said that training will either be the week after you sign the contract or the same week so I think we might both be starting our training next week,(week commencing the 12th). Then start work the week after :smile:
What store are you going to be working at? I'm curious :smile:
I'm glad I was able to help, I'm just curious about what questions did they ask you?

It was just things like 'an example of poor customer service, an example of your teamwork skills, an example of when you've been in a pressured situation, whats cross contamination' etc. etc. - nothing too difficult.

I start work on Tuesday and was wondering if you or your friend happened to know if 17 year old part-time workers get a staff discount and how often we get paid?

Thanks again for your help
It was just things like 'an example of poor customer service, an example of your teamwork skills, an example of when you've been in a pressured situation, whats cross contamination' etc. etc. - nothing too difficult.

I start work on Tuesday and was wondering if you or your friend happened to know if 17 year old part-time workers get a staff discount and how often we get paid?

Thanks again for your help

That's cool, I've got my induction next Saturday should've had it today but I'm away with my boyfriend at the moment. In my contract it said that I get paid weekly and instead of discount I get a free meal after you've worked 5 hours I think :smile:
Plz tell me about the interview. What kind of questions they asked in the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending