The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi I just did my ukcat and got 600 yikes!!! I was planning on applying to graduate entry medicine but now not sure if it's worth it. I am doing a biomed degree and predicted a first. Should I still apply?
Original post by oliviajane94
Hi I just did my ukcat and got 600 yikes!!! I was planning on applying to graduate entry medicine but now not sure if it's worth it. I am doing a biomed degree and predicted a first. Should I still apply?

how did it go? what test did you do do you think is a true representation of the actual one?
i think thats a low score for GET imo, but you could still potentially get offers based of your other stuff
Reply 22
Original post by oliviajane94

u can maybe apply to the 5 year, i think the 4 year ones will be to risky?
how did u find the test overall? what did u use to practice?
Reply 23
GUYSS PLEEASE can someone swap their date with me for later than 2nd Friday because I have a really bad eye infection and can't look at a computer for longer than 10 minutes before it gets so itchy and I think its better for me to delay so it gets better. Please, ideally before or on Monday, and close to Cambridge or London or Peterborough:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

I am applying for graduate entry medicine. Studying Biomed and predicted a first. Just did UKCAT and got 600 (eek!)but comoputers crashed during test.

So question 1. What is the process when something like that happens during the test?

question 2 : Is there any point in me applying with that score?

Question 3: I have also taken to GAMSAT for St Georges and Swansea but have not got results so should I still apply to those as well?

Sorry for all the q's but feeling a little deflated!
Original post by oliviajanescott
Hi guys,

I am applying for graduate entry medicine. Studying Biomed and predicted a first. Just did UKCAT and got 600 (eek!)but comoputers crashed during test.

So question 1. What is the process when something like that happens during the test?

Question 3: I have also taken to GAMSAT for St Georges and Swansea but have not got results so should I still apply to those as well?

how did it go? what test did you do do you think is a true representation of the actual one?
i think thats a low score for GET imo, but you could still potentially get offers based of your other stuff and you should try 5 yr courses
Original post by oliviajanescott
Hi guys,

I would contact UKCAT/Pearson if your computer had crashed...
Reply 27
Hi guys! So I have my UKCAT in a weeks time and I need to know whether doing the 600Q book is enough? I was considering getting medify for a week but apparently, the AR on there is rubbish and the DA is too easy.. :/ any suggestions? or any links to online past papers? I really want a good score!!
Original post by ibs11
Hi guys! So I have my UKCAT in a weeks time and I need to know whether doing the 600Q book is enough? I was considering getting medify for a week but apparently, the AR on there is rubbish and the DA is too easy.. :/ any suggestions? or any links to online past papers? I really want a good score!!

what day are you doing it?
Reply 29
Original post by Danny786
what day are you doing it?

Tuesday 6th Oct
Someone please answer this :smile:

Is AR similar to medify or UKCAT mocks?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done all 3 official mocks now and every time i get a shockingly bad score in QR :frown: i was fine on it on medify. Everything else i'm happy with, particulalrly VR and DA.

Did anyone else find this with QR mocks?

I'm fine at maths but i just really struggle to understand what the question wants me to do so i guess loads.

I know most people say the real one is easier. I hope that's true...
Original post by ibs11

Medify DA is not easy...
Guys, what type of questions for the QR do you think appears the most frequently
Original post by Emilyi20
Medify DA is not easy...

Medify is good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Someone please answer this :smile:

Is AR similar to medify or UKCAT mocks?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36