The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joel5001
It's kinda strange how virtually everyone who has posted seems to be in the 8th, 9th or 10th decile. Is it safe to assume that:
a) TSR users are of above average aptitude and
b) only those who did well would post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

b) I think. People generally either post results to whinge or brag XD.
Hey, I was going to ring up a couple of unis today but couldn't. Will they be available tomorrow, considering tomorrow's a Sunday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
Hey, I was going to ring up a couple of unis today but couldn't. Will they be available tomorrow, considering tomorrow's a Sunday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you'll have to wait until Monday
Original post by Medicnohoperno.9
I think you'll have to wait until Monday

Oh, okay. Thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't suppose anyone knows if Newcastle allows AS resits? Will be done within the 2 years of a levels
Original post by Scarlett25
Don't suppose anyone knows if Newcastle allows AS resits? Will be done within the 2 years of a levels

It does
Original post by preetg97
It does

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Scarlett25

From the Newcastle website:

Resit qualifications - Note: We would normally expect applicants to have achieved their A levels on their first attempt. Those who wish to think about applying with a resit grade/s from resitting elements of the AS or A2 level should read Extenuating Circumstances Section
Reply 1188
I'm going to be applying fpr GEM with a 2:1 biomedical science degree and got the following UKCAT scores:
VR - 680 / QR - 810 / AR - 680 / DA - 680 / SJ - Band 1 which gives me a total of 2850 and an average of 712.5.

Where would you guys recommend I apply?
I was thinking Newcastle, Southampton, Warwick and Bristol.

I figure my UKCAT score would be a bit risky for Barts and Kings?
Reply 1189
What deciles would put you in a good position for getting an interview?
Original post by MYMA
What deciles would put you in a good position for getting an interview?

What universities?

Newcastle, Durham, Kings and other UKCAT heavy would need 9-10th in general. Barts depends on your UCAS tariff. Many others are much more lenient.
So I'm looking for a safe uni to apply to where I would stand a very good chance. I'm an international student. I want to apply to a uni that does not put much importance on the PS or have an R&R for like Keele or a non-academic form like Manchester. I have a lot of work/voluntary experience and my PS is good too but I don't want to base my application on something that is subject.
My UKCAT score is 690 band 2. I've achieved the best possible marks/GSCE grades ( applying to Birmingham) and I'm yet to sit my 12th grade finals. Which unis consider UKCAT score and academic requirements the most and would put me at an advantage based on my UKCAT score?
Leicester, Nottingham, Liverpool, St. Andrews, East Anglia, Southampton, Plymouth, Queen's Belfast, Exeter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I'm looking for a safe uni to apply to where I would stand a very good chance. I'm an international student. I want to apply to a uni that does not put much importance on the PS or have an R&R for like Keele or a non-academic form like Manchester. I have a lot of work/voluntary experience and my PS is good too but I don't want to base my application on something that is subject.
My UKCAT score is 690 band 2. I've achieved the best possible marks/GSCE grades ( applying to Birmingham) and I'm yet to sit my 12th grade finals. Which unis consider UKCAT score and academic requirements the most and would put me at an advantage based on my UKCAT score?
Leicester, Nottingham, Liverpool, St. Andrews, East Anglia, Southampton, Plymouth, Queen's Belfast, Exeter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

St Andrews is good for all-rounders. They base post-interview offers 50% interview score and 50% ukcat and don't put much percentage towards PS for interview selection.
Original post by Docjones1
St Andrews is good for all-rounders. They base post-interview offers 50% interview score and 50% ukcat and don't put much percentage towards PS for interview selection.

Thank your for reply but don't they interview very few applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spoke with Birmingham (I am a spanish applicant). They told me they put students with british grades first and then the rest of the world. In my case, as a spanish applicant, I would never be competitive for them (literal words)
Original post by macarenafc92
I spoke with Birmingham (I am a spanish applicant). They told me they put students with british grades first and then the rest of the world. In my case, as a spanish applicant, I would never be competitive for them (literal words)

But don't they have 28 places for international applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
But don't they have 28 places for international applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe for outside the EU..... that's what the told me:s-smilie:
Thank your for reply but don't they interview very few applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but they also recieve very few applicants -
http://www.universityapplications.net/demo/decisions/universities/ratios/ :smile:
Original post by macarenafc92
Maybe for outside the EU..... that's what the told me:s-smilie:

Yeah. Maybe that. I'm going to ring them up on Monday. So I'll let you know if you want. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Docjones1
Yes but they also recieve very few applicants -
http://www.universityapplications.net/demo/decisions/universities/ratios/ :smile:

I think this is for home students but I'll look into it. Thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending