The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I am applying to accounting and finance as well this year.
what universities are you applying for? what were your AS grades? Have you got any offers yet?
Hi guys I'm going to apply for A&F, my predicted grades are A (economics) A (geography) A/B (Maths) D* (btec subsidary diploma business studies), I have a strong ps with very relevant work experience at a big IB. Thinking of applying to warwick, cass, bath, surrey and loughborough. I really want to go to LSE but know my grades aren't good enough. Am i choosing the right Unis or will i not get into these with most having entry requirements of AAA? Thanks a lot in advance.
Reply 3
Original post by matt1234512
Hi guys I'm going to apply for A&F, my predicted grades are A (economics) A (geography) A/B (Maths) D* (btec subsidary diploma business studies), I have a strong ps with very relevant work experience at a big IB. Thinking of applying to warwick, cass, bath, surrey and loughborough. I really want to go to LSE but know my grades aren't good enough. Am i choosing the right Unis or will i not get into these with most having entry requirements of AAA? Thanks a lot in advance.

What were your AS grades?
I got AAB predicted AAA. I am applying for Bristol, Surrey, Manchester, Southampton and UEA these range from AAA to ABB. I have a good ps with work experience in a bank as well.
Reply 4
Hi guys! I have applied for A&F and have already got offers from Bath and Warwick! I'm from Ireland, I've been to see Bath, and hope to get a chance to see Warwick soon! What are your opinions on A&F at these universities and the universities themselves?
Original post by mkenny32
Hi guys! I have applied for A&F and have already got offers from Bath and Warwick! I'm from Ireland, I've been to see Bath, and hope to get a chance to see Warwick soon! What are your opinions on A&F at these universities and the universities themselves?

What were your achieved and predicted grades? If you don't mind me asking
I have applied to both Warwick and Bath too :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by thestarter
What were your achieved and predicted grades? If you don't mind me asking
I have applied to both Warwick and Bath too :smile:

AAAAAB in Irish Leaving Certificate
Original post by foggodun
Hey, I am applying to accounting and finance as well this year.
what universities are you applying for? what were your AS grades? Have you got any offers yet?

Unis: LSE, Bath, Warwick, Bristol, Newcastle
GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAAB
AS: AAAB
A2 Predicted: A*A*A

No offer yet. anyone else?
Original post by foggodun
What were your AS grades?
I got AAB predicted AAA. I am applying for Bristol, Surrey, Manchester, Southampton and UEA these range from AAA to ABB. I have a good ps with work experience in a bank as well.

My AS grades were A in geography A in economics B in maths but I am going to resit a few modules to get it to an A.
Reply 9
hi guys , sorry i am just wondering
how did you guys get offers really early?
I still havent sent my application yet.
May I know how you guys did
Reply 10
my personal statement is okay but it isnt strong enough I guess. What did you guys include in it. Mine did flow really well till it got to the 4th paragraph now I dont know where to go from here.
Hi everyone

I applied about 10 days ago to: Bath, Loughborough, Warwick, Surrey, London South Bank
Im predicted AAB, got AABC at AS level, dropping the C subject.
I have been offered to study at Warwick with AAA.
No other Uni has replied yet
I have offers from Bath, Warwick and Bristol now
You guys with offers from Warwick, how soon after applying did you get a reply from the university?
Original post by MrAli786
You guys with offers from Warwick, how soon after applying did you get a reply from the university?

5 days
Original post by thestarter
5 days

wow thats quick, I need to get my application sent asap.

Warwick is my first choice so id love to hear back so quick.
applied to:

1 - Warwick (Accounting +Finance)
2 - Durham (Finance)
3 - Bristol (Economics and Finance)
4 - Nottingham (Economics)
5 - Bath (Accounting +Finance)

My UCAS was sent off earlier this morning
Hi, I'm applying for accounting (and finance) at Nottingham, Nottingham Trent, Liverpool, Cardiff and Bournemouth. Anyone else applying to those University's ?
I'm applying to

Leeds
Nottingham
Surrey
Edinburgh
Loughborough

Predicted grades of A*A B.. In economics , psychology , biology ( only thing is .. I don't have a level maths ).. Therefore couldn't apply to particular unis such as Bristol .

But I do have an A* in GCSE maths so maybe they'll recognise that :/

My PS is okay ( no directly linked accountancy work experience ) :/ but I hope that doesn't effect me too much

What about everyone else ? Also have any of you received offers yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anymorefor123
I'm applying to

Leeds
Nottingham
Surrey
Edinburgh
Loughborough

Predicted grades of A*A B.. In economics , psychology , biology ( only thing is .. I don't have a level maths ).. Therefore couldn't apply to particular unis such as Bristol .

But I do have an A* in GCSE maths so maybe they'll recognise that :/

My PS is okay ( no directly linked accountancy work experience ) :/ but I hope that doesn't effect me too much

What about everyone else ? Also have any of you received offers yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I don't have A-Level maths and I've been offered a place at Liverpool for Accounting and Finance with a year in industry :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending