The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArchmageRohan
Are Nottingham doing the Online Questionnaire this year?

No, I rang them up earlier and they haven't done it in a couple of years! phew
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by esmegardiner1997
No, I rang them up earlier and they haven't done it in a couple of years! phew

Ah right, thank you for getting back to me!
Hey Everyone! Theres a group set up for all Nottingham University applicants and offer holders on FB and I thought I’d share it with you all! Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1202543196459612
Anyone heard anything interview wise? I know a few unis started invites this week (Aberdeen, Manchester etc) so just wondered if anyone had been invited yet?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Elliot_97
Anyone heard anything interview wise? I know a few unis started invites this week (Aberdeen, Manchester etc) so just wondered if anyone had been invited yet?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had nothing from Nottingham with a score of 51. Interview from Newcastle though!
Original post by Whizbox
I've had nothing from Nottingham with a score of 51. Interview from Newcastle though!

Same heard nothing. And well done and good luck! What was your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same heard nothing. And well done and good luck! What was your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He got 835, absolutely insane xD
Original post by thechemistress
He got 835, absolutely insane xD

Wow that's unbelievable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The official med school twitter tweeted that they aim to start shipping out offers by December, probably due to their rigorous scoring process so sit tight people :yes:
Original post by mattmedic247
The official med school twitter tweeted that they aim to start shipping out offers by December, probably due to their rigorous scoring process so sit tight people :yes:

What, offers or interview offers? XD
What, offers or interview offers? XD

Interview offers; you'd have to be bloody good to get an offer without interview!
Reply 31
Is it true that last year you only needed a total score (including personal statement) of 45 to get an interview?
Original post by Whizbox
Is it true that last year you only needed a total score (including personal statement) of 45 to get an interview?

As far i as know yes. Don't quote me on that though - it may be 45 without personal statement but I don't think so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
As far i as know yes. Don't quote me on that though - it may be 45 without personal statement but I don't think so

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems fairly low, how harshly do they mark the personal statement then? I'm on 51 without personal statement so lets hope!
Original post by Whizbox

No, I think that's without PS from what I saw on last year's Nottingham thread. Idk though, but it seems far too low to be with PS because then basically everybody would get an interview
Reply 35
No, I think that's without PS from what I saw on last year's Nottingham thread

That makes a lot of sense, I think my personal statement is OK, it's not amazing so it's nice to have a few extra marks to fall back with haha
Original post by Whizbox
That makes a lot of sense, I think my personal statement is OK, it's not amazing so it's nice to have a few extra marks to fall back with haha

Actually, I think I'm wrong in what I said earlier. I think it does actually include personal statement. Here's what the website says, let me know what u make of it:

"GCSE applicants: at least 39 points to be considered at the personal statement stage and 45 to proceed to interview."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually, I think I'm wrong in what I said earlier. I think it does actually include personal statement. Here's what the website says, let me know what u make of it:

"GCSE applicants: at least 39 points to be considered at the personal statement stage and 45 to proceed to interview."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh, that's weird. I've looked over their scoring system PDF and it doesn't say that anywhere, but I'll take your word for it. Perhaps the clue's in the fact that they say "at least", so 45 is the absolute minimum.
Huh, that's weird. I've looked over their scoring system PDF and it doesn't say that anywhere, but I'll take your word for it. Perhaps the clue's in the fact that they say "at least", so 45 is the absolute minimum.

It's not on the PDF, it's on the medicine website

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/medicine/bmbs-medicine.aspx

Under 'overview'

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
It's not on the PDF, it's on the medicine website

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/medicine/bmbs-medicine.aspx

Under 'overview'

Posted from TSR Mobile

They didn't use SJT last year so you could expect the cut-off to go up by up to 3 points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending