The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovecake123
I score 44 so I should be ok? And it's very misleading on their website because it says you needed at least 39 points to be considered into the personal statement stage? And then 45 for interviews? This is so confusing, we will just have to wait and see lol

Yeah, you'll be fine :smile: Yeah, I'd say go with the official scoring PDF thing XD Explains the scoring system properly :lol: The website is likely to be outdated/might not have been updated in a while. But even if different places say difference things, logically the cut-off of 44/45 can't include the PS XD
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by thechemistress
Yeah, you'll be fine :smile: Yeah, I'd say go with the official scoring PDF thing XD Explains the scoring system properly :lol: The website is likely to be outdated/might not have been updated in a while. But even if different places say difference things, logically the cut-off of 44/45 can't include the PS XD

Hopefully and thanks! They're website it very misleading and annoying cause I wasted a spot on them but anyway just got to hope for the best!
Original post by tarapep
Thats alright :biggrin: If only it included the personal statement! I have a score of 48/52 this year so fingers crossed I get past the first stage. What score do you have?

Oh wait, is SJT not being used this year?? Damn, now I need to rework out my score :lol:
I think I have a score of 50/52, because I have 11A*s, so 16 points for GCSE. Then for UKCAT: 720, 880, 860, 740 = 8 + 9 + 9 + 8 = 34.
34 + 16 = 50, so yeah, 50/52 XD (sorry about the workings XD)
Hopefully and thanks! They're website it very misleading and annoying cause I wasted a spot on them but anyway just got to hope for the best!

I don't think you've wasted a spot on them at all, if when you called them and they said that your points were fine, then you'll be fine :h: good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 64
Ah ok i see- do you think a score of 46(including sjt) should be good enough for personal statement stage?
Wait what?! Is SJT not being used again this year?? I swear it was right?
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think you've wasted a spot on them at all, if when you called them and they said that your points were fine, then you'll be fine :h: good luck! :biggrin:

Yeah but I don't think the guy on the phone even understood what was going on! And why aren't they doing the sjt this year? Oh crap I get a score off 43 then:frown:
Reply 66
Oh wait, is SJT not being used this year?? Damn, now I need to rework out my score :lol:
I think I have a score of 50/52, because I have 11A*s, so 16 points for GCSE. Then for UKCAT: 720, 880, 860, 740 = 8 + 9 + 9 + 8 = 34.
34 + 16 = 50, so yeah, 50/52 XD (sorry about the workings XD)

Wow good luck! You should be fine :smile: They are using SJT this year, it was LAST year they didn't use it as the official UKCAT said that it wasn't representative - they gave too many people band 1 I think
Original post by tarapep
Wow good luck! You should be fine :smile: They are using SJT this year, it was LAST year they didn't use it as the official UKCAT said that it wasn't representative - they gave too many people band 1 I think

Oh right, so they are using SJT? So then I have 52/55 I think XD
Thanks, hopefully my PS is up to standards :lol:

Sorry, yeah, I just got confused, ignore me guys!! :lol: the person I was talking to put their score out of 52, so I assumed that meant they weren't using the SJT :colondollar:
Yeah but I don't think the guy on the phone even understood what was going on! And why aren't they doing the sjt this year? Oh crap I get a score off 43 then:frown:

haha, no they are using the SJT, I was just being a noob :tongue: :tongue:
haha, no they are using the SJT, I was just being a noob :tongue: :tongue:

Haha lol I was worried for a min but don't worry about it! Hopefully I should be ok!! Gotta hope for the best!

they are using sjt. don't worry :smile:
Sorry, yeah, I just got confused, ignore me guys!! :lol: the person I was talking to put their score out of 52, so I assumed that meant they weren't using the SJT :colondollar:

Oh right, haha, no worries :smile: either way it doesn't matter it's going to be a walk in the park for you to get an interview with that score.-
is nottingham most people's first choice or have u got different first choices?
Reply 75
Original post by Elliot_97
is nottingham most people's first choice or have u got different first choices?

Tbh I would be really happy wherever I go :smile: I am reapplying
Original post by MevMev
Tbh I would be really happy wherever I go :smile: I am reapplying

Haha I wouldn't mind anywhere too haha.

Where else have u applied?

And, if you don't mind me asking, how come you were unsuccessful last year?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Haha I wouldn't mind anywhere too haha.

Where else have u applied?

And, if you don't mind me asking, how come you were unsuccessful last year?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leicester- who have given me an interview!! St georges whose ukcat cutoff I met, so I should be hearing about an interview soon hopefully! and UEA

Basically last year I didn't get the AS grades I had hoped for- a C in Maths really limited my choice of unis:frown: those unis that accepted a C in the 4th AS level required a high ukcat or an exception personal statement- neither of which I had. But then I worked really hard and improved all my grades and ukcat and thankfully I got my first interview!
Original post by MevMev
Leicester- who have given me an interview!! St georges whose ukcat cutoff I met, so I should be hearing about an interview soon hopefully! and UEA

Basically last year I didn't get the AS grades I had hoped for- a C in Maths really limited my choice of unis:frown: those unis that accepted a C in the 4th AS level required a high ukcat or an exception personal statement- neither of which I had. But then I worked really hard and improved all my grades and ukcat and thankfully I got my first interview!

Well done!!
Whilst you have been reapplying do u do more work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Well done!!
Whilst you have been reapplying do u do more work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i am applying for more work experience, I am volunteering in hospital from December onwards and got a job!
Where else did you apply btw?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending