The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MevMev
Yeah i am applying for more work experience, I am volunteering in hospital from December onwards and got a job!
Where else did you apply btw?

Good idea.

And I've applied to Edinburgh, aberdeen, and Oxford (although after that BMAT I don't think so!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Elliot_97
Good idea.

And I've applied to Edinburgh, aberdeen, and Oxford (although after that BMAT I don't think so!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I applied to aberdeen last year! my ukcat wasn't unto their standards though:frown:
Hey you never know with oxford! But if you get any one of them your happy to go there:smile:
I was planning on sitting BMAT- but the thought of relearning physics really put me off!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MevMev
Oh I applied to aberdeen last year! my ukcat wasn't unto their standards though:frown:
Hey you never know with oxford! But if you get any one of them your happy to go there:smile:
I was planning on sitting BMAT- but the thought of relearning physics really put me off!!

What was your UKCAT?? Worried now :frown:

And yeah if i failed it, i blame physics. After my P7 GCSE exam i was like goodbye physics. Then the BMAT came along and I had managed to forget everything. Also doesn't help that they make out it is GCSE physics but half of it is AS/A2 level (or so my friend who does A level physics said anyway -- i had no idea) which wasn't great when you hate the subject anyway haha
Reply 83
What was your UKCAT?? Worried now :frown:

And yeah if i failed it, i blame physics. After my P7 GCSE exam i was like goodbye physics. Then the BMAT came along and I had managed to forget everything. Also doesn't help that they make out it is GCSE physics but half of it is AS/A2 level (or so my friend who does A level physics said anyway -- i had no idea) which wasn't great when you hate the subject anyway haha

My ukcat last year was 645 but i pushed it up to 685 wbu??
ah see i always regretted not picking physics for a level as I really enjoyed it at gcse- but then I realised i made the right decision when my friends came out of physics A2 in tears:frown:
Original post by MevMev
My ukcat last year was 645 but i pushed it up to 685 wbu??
ah see i always regretted not picking physics for a level as I really enjoyed it at gcse- but then I realised i made the right decision when my friends came out of physics A2 in tears:frown:

640 Band 1 :frown:

and yeah sounds like that was a good decision
Reply 85
640 Band 1 :frown:

and yeah sounds like that was a good decision

Ok do you know what- dw about the ukcat, the applications gone now, so no point worrying. And trust me when i say that gap year reapplication could be one of the best things you do! Your Ukcat goes up significantly the second time around I promise you, so treat this year as a practice run- get feedback from all unis and if you get in thats great:smile: but if not it would have been a valuable learning experience for next year:smile:

Thats how I did it!
is nottingham most people's first choice or have u got different first choices?

Yeah, joint first with Oxford, Birmingham and KCL. Basically, I don't have a first choice :lol: Wherever will take me, I'll go xD
Reply 87
Original post by thechemistress
Yeah, joint first with Oxford, Birmingham and KCL. Basically, I don't have a first choice :lol: Wherever will take me, I'll go xD

Are you a gap year applicant?
Original post by MevMev
Are you a gap year applicant?

Nope, first time round :h:
Reply 89
Nope, first time round :h:

cool- dunno why I thought that tbh
this time last year studying for mocks- what a nightmare

how did you find the BMAT? and if you did any practices, what sort of scores were you getting?
Original post by MevMev
cool- dunno why I thought that tbh
this time last year studying for mocks- what a nightmare

Oh crappp, I can't believe I forgot about my mocks! Interviews are just round the corner so I kind pushed mocks to the back of my mind lol :lol:
how did you find the BMAT? and if you did any practices, what sort of scores were you getting?

I'm pretty sure I absolutely messed up the BMAT :cry2: as for practices, I was getting high 6s in section 1 and low 6s in section 2 on average, although sometimes higher/lower than that
I'm pretty sure I absolutely messed up the BMAT :cry2: as for practices, I was getting high 6s in section 1 and low 6s in section 2 on average, although sometimes higher/lower than that

I'm sure if you were getting high 6s you will be absolutely fine.:smile: Which college did u get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview! Email came at 11:46, so check your emails!
Original post by izzy.burns
Interview! Email came at 11:46, so check your emails!

Are you trolling? They said in their Twitter they were giving out interviews in December?
Original post by ilovecake123
Are you trolling? They said in their Twitter they were giving out interviews in December?

Not trolling - I got one as well at 11:48 today. They'll be sending more out don't worry :smile:
Original post by ilovecake123

That's what I thought! From the interview slots they look like small batches so I'm sure they'll give some more out soon :smile:
AHHHH, interview!!!!
It came in at 11:42 so yeah, check emails XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending