The Student Room Group

There's a mouse/rat under my bed!!!!

So over the pass few days I've been hearing scuffling noises in my room, but I always dismissed them as my imagination. However, today when cleaning my room is was cleaning under my bed and i hit something soft bodied and it was either brown or black and squealed. I know it is a mouse/rat as I have already seen one scurrying across my floor in the kitchen. any who, what I wanted to know was how to get rid of these pests in my home?

Scroll to see replies

also i am really scared of sleeping in my room in case it jumps on my bed. what should i do?
Omg its been there for DAYS????

get a mouse trap rn
or borrow someones cat
Put a cheap mouse trap pre baited under the bed. You will catch it but will have to dispose of the body. We had this in my son's room
try putting chili powder down, they don't like it as it irritates their noses and then it might leave :h:
Original post by driftawaay
Omg its been there for DAYS????

get a mouse trap rn
or borrow someones cat

is it bad? its just when i wake up in the middle of the night i'm prone to hearing things that aren't there due to paranoia, therefor i dismissed these sounds. but today its been clarified.
Original post by CoolCavy
try putting chili powder down, they don't like it as it irritates their noses and then it might leave :h:

I'll remember that if I ever encounter rats in the future, and want them gone. :tongue:
Original post by XcitingStuart
I'll remember that if I ever encounter rats in the future, and want them gone. :tongue:

hehe, it works honestly! we had a mouse in the garden and now it is gone after we put spices on the grass. It makes sense as hot spices are nature's repellents :h:
Reply 9
Defo thought this was gonna be another @phoenixsilver thread

disappointing

:rofl: my exact thoughts when i saw tge title of the thread :five:
Original post by jenns_lifestyle
So over the pass few days I've been hearing scuffling noises in my room, but I always dismissed them as my imagination. However, today when cleaning my room is was cleaning under my bed and i hit something soft bodied and it was either brown or black and squealed. I know it is a mouse/rat as I have already seen one scurrying across my floor in the kitchen. any who, what I wanted to know was how to get rid of these pests in my home?

I feel for you :eek: I live in a city with lots of pests like that and the best thing you can do is:

a-put down sticky traps with bait in the area you know he is but not one or two measly traps, several in a row or randomly all over the area, just watch your step :tongue:

b-set up a trap like a snap or cage or box and then carry it out

c-wait it out and get over it, which I couldn't do

or

d-get gangster and shake his little ass outta there with a broom and shake the bed jump on it and keep your eyes peeled for it dashing out so you can see where it went and shut the door.

MY HERO!! :lol:
Original post by Sweet n Sour

MY HERO!! :lol:

:hugs:

Spoiler

You could call the council - they may send someone out for it, and it may be free. Your accommodation has to be fit for human habitation, so maybe your landlord could act. Failing that: a cheap mouse trap placed against the wall and baited with chocolate. Never cheese. When it's gone: look for holes around the edges of your room and block them up with a chunk of wood, a stone or a bit of cement (depending upon your DIY skills). You can get a mouse trap from any DIY store. If you don't want to kill it then buy a live trap but check it every 6 hours or so ... you don't want to starve it to death.
Oh: and clean your room. What the hell is it eating?
borrow a cat
:hugs:

Spoiler

you hate meeeee

but lmaooo why is it in a costume, trying out for Halloween? :P
is that yours? XD
oh i forgot, you could bait it with chocolate as rats like chocolate :h:
Original post by Sweet n Sour
you hate meeeee

but lmaooo why is it in a costume, trying out for Halloween? :P
is that yours? XD

i don't hate you! why do u think that, you are one of my TSR buddies :h:

it is a superheropig and no it isn't mine, i don't post photos of mine on the internet :smile:
Stuff any cracks, seal any cracks with steel wool, if your bedroom door has a space under the door then get a flap or door stopper thing and nail it across the bottom.
i don't hate you! why do u think that, you are one of my TSR buddies :h:

it is a superheropig and no it isn't mine, i don't post photos of mine on the internet :smile:

Because you showed me a creepy pictureeee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending