The Student Room Group

Is it weird to have a poster of yourself in your room?

My little sister called me a "freak" for having one. I was quite upset so I decided to make this thread to find out more. I also made fun of her for having braces and put her back in her place.

Scroll to see replies

Yes it is weird :erm:
Just get a mirror:h:
Reply 2
yeah… sounds like you're self-obsessed?
For a normal person? Yes

For you? No
You should have pulled her pigtails too smh.
Reply 5
No it is not weird! You can do whatever you want and not fear negative judgement from others. If the poster represents and signifies a particular moment in your life eg. winning an award etc. then you have every right to stick that poster on your wall! I have a graduation photo of myself in my room which makes me feel proud every time I see it.
Why not just have a mirror like everyone else?
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Why not just have a mirror like everyone else?

Original post by toonervoustotalk
Yes it is weird :erm:
Just get a mirror:h:

I have a mirror. But the poster is of a special moment in my life. So it makes me happy :smile:
Original post by Awesome Genius
I have a mirror. But the poster is of a special moment in my life. So it makes me happy :smile:

Is it moderately sized and in a frame? because that's called a photo.
It's the equivalent of having a picture of yourself as your phone wallpaper. I mean like a selfie of yourself and no one else. Like an arrogant ****
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Is it moderately sized and in a frame? because that's called a photo.

Nah its as big as a normal poster. And no frame. Stuck on with blu tac. Got it printed at a printers on glossy paper.
Original post by liquity
It's the equivalent of having a picture of yourself as your phone wallpaper. I mean like a selfie of yourself and no one else. Like an arrogant ****

My phone wall paper is a picture of me though. Its just my face. Just in case I lose my phone.

Not the home screen, that is a picture I took of an Italian village.
Reply 13
Nothing wrong with it, people plaster there walls with photos of friends - and I am my best friend in the world, I've treated me better than anyone else has ever treated me so why the hell shouldn't I celebrate my friendship with a poster of me on my wall. (I buy myself Valentines gifts for the same reason) I don't actually have a poster of me but damn I am getting one now.
My phone wall paper is a picture of me though. Its just my face. Just in case I lose my phone.

And inexplicably forget what you look like?

Edit: wait a minute, did you just update your avatar to being the poster?

Not the home screen, that is a picture I took of an Italian village.

How about you just get a phone case??

Thanks for the info, at least I know it's yours if I decide to steal your phone
Original post by Drunk Punx
And inexplicably forget what you look like?

Edit: wait a minute, did you just update your avatar to being the poster?

Nah. The poster is me and my mum (she's mostly cropped out) but it has the same photoshop effect though.

My avatar obscures part of my face to try and keep my identity relatively unknown.
you are just narcissistic as ****
Original post by liquity
How about you just get a phone case??

Thanks for the info, at least I know it's yours if I decide to steal your phone

How would a phone case help?

My avatar obscures part of my face to try and keep my identity relatively unknown.

I hate to break it to you, but it really doesn't :teehee:

If I ran into you on the street tomorrow, I'd know who you are instantly based on your avatar.

Quick Reply

Latest