The Student Room Group

Taking a year out of uni

Hiya,

I've just started my third year, although i am going to be taking a year out for personal reasons.
What happens with my finance? do I have to pay it back now to student finance?
Reply 1
Original post by Gemmaannmorrison
Hiya,

I've just started my third year, although i am going to be taking a year out for personal reasons.

If you've enrolled and been paid this this term's maintenance money, then yes, you will be expected to repay it all in a lump sum.
Any finance you received in years 1 & 2 are paid back in the normal way. (ie, when you earn over £21k per year)
Original post by Tiger Rag
Any finance you received in years 1 & 2 are paid back in the normal way. (ie, when you earn over £21k per year)

Original post by Klix88
If you've enrolled and been paid this this term's maintenance money, then yes, you will be expected to repay it all in a lump sum.

Original post by Gemmaannmorrison
Hiya,

Hi, I have a couple quick questions, if someone could please help answer for me? Sorry it's not related to you but maybe you can help me? thanks.

Is it possible to take a gap year after the 1st and/or 2nd year of university? How hard is it to be allowed to take one? I've heard you can take years off if your sick. For a student who wants to take a year off between years so that he can work and save up money to pay for the tuition fees, is that a good enough reason (if gap years are allowed that is)? In case you know their specific policies, I'm hoping to get into either Qmul or Kcl god willing.

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending